Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    mmm wonder what my color is////

Member Array
    just realised a thing about giving some -PQ is that it can at times be inneffective.

I say this because I wanted to give someone -PQ but didn't at the risk of pissing them off or just being on bad terms with them...

Maybe thats a bit of an exageration but i've given -PQ to someone for spamming a thread once with useless info and they came back and were like

"WTF WHY GIMME BAD REP FOR?!"

so since then i've only given -PQ to newcomers or not well known members on the forum because i dont want to piss off any regulars due to the fact that i may need help from them in future or might need to buy something off them

just a thought..

pretty bored here at work...

Does anyone actively go around the website and hand out QP's to people writing informative posts?

Dont you think it should also be fair for people to submit themselves to get QP's as sometimes, people who are able to give out QP's might become partially complacent and forgetful about handing the points out? If people submit themselves, at least their recent posts can be read and then based on a quick 5 minute skim over their posts be decided if they are allowed membership or not.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Domokun SPL
    Does anyone actively go around the website and hand out QP's to people writing informative posts?
    i do

the problem is they are usually the same ol members posting info. then u go to give em a point and u get the msg "please distribute to others blah blah blah"
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    i do

the problem is they are usually the same ol members posting info. then u go to give em a point and u get the msg "please distribute to others blah blah blah"
    That's why you gotta look out for other members and also it allows PQ points to spread more / better by having that feature.

It will take a little while to get moving but once its moving it should be fine
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Do the people that hand out QP's go to all the forums? I know some people stick only to a few subforums.

Also, what is the definition of a "quality post" as such, I mean, is it just "yeh, thats helpful" or does it have to be like "wowies mega!"

better if its a truley relevant post/answer/link to the original thread question at hand...
    little "advice" isnt worth "+ rep" IMO.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Domokun SPL
    Do the people that hand out QP's go to all the forums? I know some people stick only to a few subforums.

Also, what is the definition of a "quality post" as such, I mean, is it just "yeh, thats helpful" or does it have to be like "wowies mega!"
    Well if it is a quality post if it:

a) answers the question of the thread starter
    b) creates further (relevant) and usefull discussion
    c) Provides a link to a site or thread that answers the question
    d) Is a useful DIY article / review
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

I know it says not to message moderators etc for membership, which is why i havnt. So i will post here and if a mod feels it should be deleted, please do and contact me through PM. I had tried to subtly hint it above, but i think i highlighted an important issues with QP's

Ive been posting on Ozhonda now for about 2-3 months, but only really in the suspension section (most of what i know). I think ive answered many questions "knowledgably" and directly, however i havnt been granted membership yet? I mean, the only real priviledge that i want from membership is so that i could advertise some goods for sale to other members(i guess its quite obvious what). If anyone wants to look through my post history, please go ahead.

So thats why i asked if anyone actually pays attention to giving out QP's and if it done evenly across the whole website.

I am not even asking now to be recognised, as how Tom Hanks says in the terminal..."i will wait"...ive waited so far quietly enough.

Toodles

it seems like the only reason u signed up here was to sell ur things.

and now just awaiting your +PQ in order to sell.

thats what a lot of ppl used to do - sell the stuff and never be seen again.

but if that's not you then enjoy the site - the fact that you cant sell quite yet shouldn't bother you.

so just be patient.

*bennjamin edit ~ dont hijack mate. Edited irrelevant info *

I joined long before I had these plates, if you have a look at my post history, used to own a DC5 about 1 year ago, but since sold it.

But you are right, I will wait.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 23-01-2006 at 09:49 AM.

lol this isn't the place to advertise man

u already have it in your sig.