Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

[Euro] Dust and pollen filter

The Euro manual recommends replacement of the dust and pollen filter every 30,000kms or 12 months.

Now I can be fairly confident that Honda dealers I have been to didn't change mine as part of scheduled servicing. I say this as I just pulled mine out and it has plenty of crap in there (separate the channels).

I can't be bothered changing it now (how much are these?) - just vacuumed out all the crap.

Anyway - thought I would let you know - as Honda dealers don't appear to follow the schedule for replacing these.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The dust and pollen filter is not in the scheduled service though... It's about AU$80 or so from the dealer. You can buy from Acura of Escondido on ebay for cheaper.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    It is in the scheduled service tables in the full manual - for some reason it isn't in that flimsy service booklet.

$80? lol. Yeah I'll look online. Didn't take me long to find this---$12.95 USD..

http://www.cabinairfilters.net/cabin%20air%209922TC.htm
    Last edited by yfin; 12-11-2005 at 02:09 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ahh.. good find! I might buy about 5 of them then to use in the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I emailed these guys - they will ship by air 1 or 2 units to Australia for shipping cost of $13.40 canadian.

So if you buy 2 the total cost shipped is $50 AUD.

By the way - this doesn't look like an OEM Honda part - it is a non genuine replacement. Anyway given the price I think I will order 2 from these guys - aarong is right Honda parts want $80 for 1 oem.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    My dealer did an air con system clean at the 50k aervice for about 90 bucks

that a waste of money ozone cleaning. i have seen it. Their are car that mhave been on the road for 8-10 years and never been serviced with that ozhone thing, and they don't smell bad or anything. i think this is a bit like fuel additives i fuel injector cleaner or fuel saving pills.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtec_inside
    that a waste of money ozone cleaning. i have seen it. Their are car that mhave been on the road for 8-10 years and never been serviced with that ozhone thing, and they don't smell bad or anything. i think this is a bit like fuel additives i fuel injector cleaner or fuel saving pills.
    What are you talking about re ozone cleaning? We are talking about a dust filter that air passes through before it reaches the vents inside the car.

Sounds to me that Eurotony paid $80 for the filter and $10 for fitting the filter (a 3 minute job).

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    What are you talking about re ozone cleaning? We are talking about a dust filter that air passes through before it reaches the vents inside the car.

Sounds to me that Eurotony paid $80 for the filter and $10 for fitting the filter (a 3 minute job).
    What I had done was an Aircon system clean. I believe they take out the filters, clean (or replace) them & clean all the housings & fittings with an antibacterial cleaner. The system smells fresher & Works as well as ever. I guess because I use the car for business & I can claim it on tax it was ok. If I was not able to do so I may have thought twice about having to pay for it.
    Last edited by Eurotony; 13-11-2005 at 08:53 AM.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    where abouts is this pollen dust filter thingo located?
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Behind your glovebox. There are instructions in your manual on how to access it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    $80 watta rip ai
    the accord v6 one cost $60 and i still think thats a rip.