Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    just use the breaker bar big long half inch dude and like brace it against a hard component of the suspension or chassis. then unclip the coil cable or like pull out all spark plug leads an crank the motor over a few times. Get someone to help u with the bar holding in place. This way it for sure to get ****ing crank pull bolts off. **** sucker bolt man. Ar... don't loose the lock key on the pully, or else ur f**ked. if it does not crake the nut for sure will loosen it. Then hit it with rattle gun. Com off for sure. If that does not work ur going to need to take it to a mech.

Sorry to revive an old thread. But I just spent two days with this mofo of a bolt. I tried all the above methods and nothing would work. I even made a 50mm hex tool from piping and held it on with a stilson. The pipe bent but the bolt didn't budge. Electric and air tools both didn't move it. Without the special tool, a breakbar just makes the engine turn, even when against the compression stroke. Think I'll have to contact honda and get the right tool to hold it still, or break out the oxy... :P

The fail attempt after building my own 'special' tool...

If you guys are struggling with leverage, put a jack under your breaker bar and pump away.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread. But I just spent two days with this mofo of a bolt. I tried all the above methods and nothing would work. I even made a 50mm hex tool from piping and held it on with a stilson. The pipe bent but the bolt didn't budge. Electric and air tools both didn't move it. Without the special tool, a breakbar just makes the engine turn, even when against the compression stroke. Think I'll have to contact honda and get the right tool to hold it still, or break out the oxy... :P

It the method in the DIY did not work for you, chances are your doing it wrong. Its all about leverage, and the whack is to crack the nut not loosen it. You should have the engine just at the start of a compression stroke so the initial whack will use the engine compression to help hold the crank.

Ah, now I get it. Since I destroyed my homemade pulley holder, I've ordered the proper one from t&e tools (honda oz said that they won't ever sell tools and enjoy intimate moments with farm animals). Once I get it I'll try your technique.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Glad you searched

As ECU-MAN said, the key is to 'shock' and 'crack' the bolt.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

I did try it that way again, but no luck. The t&e tool did the trick, along with 2 breaker bars and a 2m pipe! But split timing belt is now in the bin!

I have that tool also :P
    I've lent it out heaps for mates doing Honda timing belts. Usually I have no issue with a pneumatic rattle gun though.

Yeah, mechanic told me they would use that. Basically goes so fast, cracks it like ecu-man's technique.