Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Well if you had the gearbox off and locked the flywheel........wouldn't that be enough to do up the bolt to 120NM? (given you can do up flywheel bolts this way)?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you can lock the crank that way, but be carefull, you can damage threads, or snap bolts. again my air rattle gun is my freind set it to FT and go for it, always be sensible, there is no need to sit there for ages tightening them.

wat sort of air compressor should i go for?

would 2hp be sufficient?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    hp of the motor doesnt mean much, you want to look for the output of the compressor in CMF
    mine is a 15 CMF, 12 or better would be nice,

go for something belt driven, these direct drive ones look like toys

Quote Originally Posted by michael_antoi
    wat sort of air compressor should i go for?

would 2hp be sufficient?
    you are looking at $800+ for a decent setup ( compressor + hosing + basic 1/2 inch ratchet gun etc - please dont get one of those super cheap auto or bunnings "packs") - myself and the boss have been looking around quite abit. I have settled for a compact electric impact wrench - rated at 200NM and fantastic for anything short of this "DEVIL" bolt lol ( well , i really dont want to burn it out on this lol). Looking at about $500 for unit BUT not as versitile as a compressor can be.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    you can lock the crank that way, but be carefull, you can damage threads, or snap bolts.
    How so?

I've done a few clutches/flywheels by wedging something between the flywheel teeth and torqued up the bolts to 120nm. So the same should work on the crank pulley bolt yeah?

wow $800 for a decent setup eh

wayy more than i expected it to be

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah , but remembet to every action there is a reaction. I have seen blots snap in the back of the crank, gearbox covers snap bolts bend. tools go flying nearly missing customers cars and other people.
    just be carefull is what im sayng,

Car:
    twin GX160's
    my rattle gun cost me about $400 when I was an aprentice, thats two weeks pay back then. but its a snap on one. you get what you pay for. and 10 years later, still works a treat. cheep air guns work ok as well, but dont last long. also not as gusty with the same amout of air pressure and volum
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 14-11-2005 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    .....tools go flying nearly missing customers cars and other people.
    well that can happen without even opening the bonnet

Also John as I asked before -

will the special key still stay ontop of the crank side once you rattle the bolt off ? Or is there a small chance of it falling out into the lower guts of the engine there ? What about when re-installing ?

so is there anything you could reccomend in terms of air tools for a good price?

i'm not looking for everlasting tools but something that wont break after the first month?

would that still be $800?

EDIT: SOrry to hijack the thread - last question i swear.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Best make a new thread Michael as its going OT