Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    its ok Michael.

I would rather get a good 2nd hand compressor than a cheep new one. and a $50 air gun will undo the bolt like in the DIY, you may just have to hit it a few more times,

with cheep air tools, its pick of the bunch. I have seen a $50 air gun undo bolts that my snap on gun couldnt undo, but it only had that much balls for its first month of use, then went to normal cheep shit operation then you get leemons that wont even undo a wheel nut. all depends on the quality of the tool.

SP make a good airgun for a resonable price.

Wyn. you put the key in the keyway of the crank first, then slide on the Pulley. look to see if the key is there. then start the bolt by hand, once the key is in place with the pulley is on, its not going anywhere. do up that bolt to spec

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    i've onced snapped a crank bolt.
    it wasn't pretty i tell you that for sure.
    i had to use a reverse thread to get it out.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I've snapped one in half too.......but that was while driving the car (no tools anywhere near the crank pulley bolt).

Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

whoa....

what happened?

any bad damage?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I went for some hard driving the night before that happened. Apparently it has happened a few times to EG civics based on what my mehc told me.

so the pulley didn't come loose or anything?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    It was only suspended by the belts that were attached to it (so no alternator or power steering. I only drove it a few metres (onto a tow truck) though.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    Stupid question - many efforts with said breaker bar and an air impact gun and the SOB still won't come off. I have considered putting it together and taking it to a mechanic but am refusing to do so at the moment as I have the know-how to do this - if I could only get the bolt off...

Been busying myself with a brake change and other stuff in the interim but I want my car back on the road!

I am not a newb to doing my own mechanical work and this is getting ridiculous. These things DO come off in an anti-clockwise direction, right???
    Last edited by VTi-R Civic; 26-11-2005 at 05:23 PM.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes they do undo anti clock wise,
    are your spark plugs in when you whack it with the bar ?

Member Array
    I didn't know they made a difference...?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    they stop the compression from leaking out when you turn the engine.
    so the whack on the bolt is more effective.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    yes they do undo anti clock wise,
    are your spark plugs in when you whack it with the bar ?
    Yes they are.

I give up. I do my own work because I enjoy it but I am over this. I'll put it back together and take it to someone so they can do it for me. It's frustrating because I am so close to removing the part I need off to complete the job but it just doesn't look like it is going to come off through conventional means. I suspect someone has overtorqued the bolt in a major way last time this was done.

I could probably get it off with a bigger (ie: HUGE) bar but I've spent enough on tools because of this sort of thing already and I have spent way too much time trying to get this thing off already.

Thanks for your help ECU-MAN, it is appreciated.