Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    People where sick of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls when they were winning, people where sick of Mick tyson knocking everyone out and people where sick of Manchester United winning the FA cup all the time!

See the trend here?
    If we are going to "stop" the successful people in a sport why become a success?

I'm sure Juan or Kimi would rather beat Michael then have FIA or another body get rid of him then either Juan or Kimi wins it...
    How would they feel?

It's positive because it creates other teams to push harder and invest more into beating him...
    So it creates INTEREST

You want an example?

Example: Mark Skaife keeps on winning and HRT is unstoppable, well last year Markose Ambrose defeats Skaife and look what is all over the news and what everyone is talking about...
    Now it might have been "boring" when HRT and Skaife were winning but it created and allowed time for FORD to develop a better car and defeat HRT which gives them a better feeling...

You might not see my point, but Michael is now a house hold name, and that is good for the sport of Formula 1 why?
    Because when on the news comes Juan has won the Worlds Drivers Championship people are going to wonder what happened and how Michael didn't win and then watch the F1 because of Michael not winning...

Well thats my opinion!

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    in the same issue as skaife and HRT, is schumacher anf errari - too much money. That is thr main problem. Ferrari put everything behind one driver...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    why do you hate J Button LUD02C??

Quote Originally Posted by VTEC16
    why do you hate J Button LUD02C??
    I don't think he is that good as everyone proclaims him to be!!!
    He mainly got his drive because he is British.
    There are alot of better drivers out there, who don't get a chance!

But i could be wrong, and after his performance last night at Malaysia i have found some new respect for him!

Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    in the same issue as skaife and HRT, is schumacher anf errari - too much money. That is thr main problem. Ferrari put everything behind one driver...
    So you think there should be a money cap?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    I dunno about a salary cap, but I think a good step would be one tyre manufacturer, 3 choices of tyre. that would make it a lot nicer. Bridgestone are only working with Ferrari, which is unfair to the other teams.

I personally would like to see an anti telemetry rule. The only contact between the team and the driver and his car shold be a radio. Obviously, this would be hard to govern.
    Also like to see a gear stick. Even if it is a sequential stick. Ditch rear wings, and/or front wings, and reduce engine capacity to 2litres.

I dunno about a salary cap, but I think a good step would be one tyre manufacturer, 3 choices of tyre. that would make it a lot nicer. Bridgestone are only working with Ferrari, which is unfair to the other teams.
    I also hope to see just one tyre manufacturer!!!
    There are only 2-3 teams left with Bridgestone isn't there?
    Soon it will be like WRC Pirreli only give Subaru tyres and the rest use Michelin's..
    I read in F1 Mag, that Firestone want to make a come back into F1...

personally would like to see an anti telemetry rule. The only contact between the team and the driver and his car shold be a radio. Obviously, this would be hard to govern.
    Also like to see a gear stick. Even if it is a sequential stick. Ditch rear wings, and/or front wings, and reduce engine capacity to 2litres.
    I also would like to see a gear shift back into F1, just like the Indy cars!
    But if they are going to reduce aerodynamics i would want slicks to come back

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook

I personally would like to see an anti telemetry rule. The only contact between the team and the driver and his car shold be a radio. Obviously, this would be hard to govern.
    While i agree that steps need to be made to even out the cars.... F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport....it would be a bit silly to get rid of the the aerodynamics! ......i think 2.5 litres would work a little better.... The fear of a single tire manufacturer is that the quality of tires will deteriorate....

There was a proposed testing cap (as apposed to salary cap)...but i dont think it would do much.....the teams would just invest their money eslewhere...

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Firestone is a subsidury of Bridgestone

I think they should ditch the areo dynamics. If it is the pinnacle of motorsport, amke the drivers work harder. and yeah, bring bac the slicks.

I say, 2.5 litre engines, no FI (turbos don't last long), and front engines. Mix it up.