Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Can't wait to see how Honda will fair in the 2 wheeled division now that Valentino Rossi ain't a Honda Boy anymore...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Honda will still have the fastest bike, followed by Ducati

Buddy, can you post a quick run done on what has happened on the bike seen!
    I don't watch the bikes, but i'm going to start this year!
    Thanks!

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Honda is doing very well with their 125, 250 and 500cc classes, experimenting between 2 and 4 strokes. Apparantly the 4 strokes weren't doing too well and I think they went back to 2. As for the Superbike Series, with Collins Edwards switching to the 500cc class... the Hondas are losing out to the Ducatis in that class.. To be honest, Honda had no chance in the superbike when what's his name? Carl Fargathy was with Ducati. But now with Troy Corser(AU) on the Ducati, they are doing well too.. Sad for Honda's SUperbike campaign...

Right now, the Hondas are not doing so well as before in the Superbike series I think.

As for the MOTO GP, I hope Edwards, Alex Barros and Max Biaggi can keep up with Rossi and I hope Yamaha suffers technical problems that might keep Rossi at bay :P
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Is the Superbike Series the one where the bikes are nearly the same as the ones on the road?

Also, you can choose between 2 & 4 stroke.. That makes things interesting..

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Honda is doing very well with their 125, 250 and 500cc classes, experimenting between 2 and 4 strokes. Apparantly the 4 strokes weren't doing too well and I think they went back to 2. As for the Superbike Series, with Collins Edwards switching to the 500cc class... the Hondas are losing out to the Ducatis in that class.. To be honest, Honda had no chance in the superbike when what's his name? Carl Fargathy was with Ducati. But now with Troy Corser(AU) on the Ducati, they are doing well too.. Sad for Honda's SUperbike campaign...

Right now, the Hondas are not doing so well as before in the Superbike series I think.

As for the MOTO GP, I hope Edwards, Alex Barros and Max Biaggi can keep up with Rossi and I hope Yamaha suffers technical problems that might keep Rossi at bay :P
    The 500cc class doesn;t exist anymkre, it is now Moto GP. Superbikes are a dying series. Foggarty was a maniac of a rider, the best brit on a bike since Charlie Sheen (RIP) IMO.

I think Corsor can win a few Moto GP rounds this year, and the hondas will be the fastest bikes - but it will depend on the rider combinations. Will be interesting. The Yamaha will be average, the Kawasaki will be shit house, the Aprillia with Collin Edwards will be better this year, and GO casey Stoner in 250's again this year.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Is the Superbike Series the one where the bikes are nearly the same as the ones on the road?

Also, you can choose between 2 & 4 stroke.. That makes things interesting..

Superbikes and Streetbikes are slightly different for compliance purposes, well in different countries that is. The only bike that I think that came straight out from a race bike to a street bike was the Aprillia(Replica and/or Mille), all they did out of factory was to whack the headlights, tailights, indicators and an extra optional seat in :P

The Honda NSR500 in Race Tune set up (and I think illegal in Australia) costs about AUD$150000 last I checked the price. And it's good for a few races before u need to rework the engine. According to my memory, it's the most powerful bike now, 150 or 180HP compared to I think 150HP in the Hayabusa which is now the fastest bike in the World(2.3 or so seconds to a 100km/h and about 9.6 1/4 Mile) but of course, it's 1300cc... I think the aussies and many other countries get only the 150 and 250cc NSR both in dual and single swingarm.

Super bikes are those that are 1000cc and above.. but I think Yamaha was running a 900cc bike in that competition before...

CHEERS

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Wow, dude, kinda off target

Superbikes are production based bikes.
    Supersport is actual production bikes

Superbikes allow 2 different engine sizes. 900cc V Twins and 650cc V4's

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Dude thanks for the correction..

I used to be a bike Junkie back home until I saw my friend died on his Aprillia.. His whole face was composed and it wasn't a pretty sight..

From then onwards, I've cleaned my hands off 2 wheelers as my philosophy is You protect the bike in an accident but a car protects you in an accident...

Sticking with something with 4 wheels or more now....

CHEERS

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Ah, fair enough dude. Sorry to say.
    I am not a bike person either, although I would like to ride one in some insane way. Seems to be the ultimate in speed. Quite possibly the ultimate is stupid, or insane as well, but.