Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Anyone raced one before? how would a stock civic vti-r go against 141 kw corolla ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    From what iv heard its closer than you would think.....but id still but my money on the toy-boat-a (shudder)

My money's on the VTi-R, but it'd be a close one - a driver's race.

Yes, the Sportivo has some 141kW compared to the VTi-R's 118kW, but the Sportivo is quite a pork for it's size (over 1200kg the last time I read).

I'm just guessing here so it'd be great to hear from someone that has actually raced one!

SiR.

i got one by a nose??

Details please!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    I gave one a whooping. If you try and drag one, try and catch the driver off guard. they have no torque, so exploit that.
    If ya going to do it off the lights, you really want to have a perfect launch. They have a lot of top end, but nothing down low. With the civic, I recomend you really try to get the best launch possible, or it will eat you alive.

I destroyed one off the lights. The kid driving it was pissed. They don't handle all that great either.

They are much the same as a celica, but the celicas are much lighter, and quite difficult to drag off. I don't think a civic vtir wouldhave a lot of luck with a celica

I would have been the first person in Australia to try and drag one off last year. Before they were even released, in my old car (rover 416i) I had one at the lights. Thinking is was as stupid as a Camry Sportivo (no extra power), I revved it up. And got a nasty suprise. Next set of lights I ask what it is, and they says "nothing, just a standard corolla". After a few hours trying to find out what it was on the internet, I felt a whole lot better.

I bought my car around making sure I could drag of 'rolla sportivos. I figure they are going to be very popular, and take he stickers off, a bit of a sleeper

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    i had it handed to me by a Rallyart Magna last year.
    that sucked !

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    matt i doubt u'll b the first
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Geez some strong claims.

But you'd have to take off the stickers as well as the factory kit to make it look stock.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Well, it was well before they were released. It was at Wooloware, which is where the toyota head office is in Sydney. If anyone knows the road, it is which a famous drag strip. I noticed the bodykit, but all corollas have that bodykit as a factory option... It had Victorian number plates, no dealer sticker. I went home to find out they were being released 6 weeks later. I contemplated buying one, but they are still a corolla. Not so great on the inside

As for ralliart magnas, forget it. I attempte to drag one last week, but damn, they have some serious go.

i have got one of the hot4s mags here it claims that corolla sportive does 0 -400m in 16.1 secs?? what does stock civic do down the qtr?

Member Array
    I dont mind the look of the new Ralliart Magnas.... they have loads of torque