Shocks bottoming out

Hey guys,

Recently, i have found that my dc2r rear shocks have been bottoming out. Doesn't happen all the time, only over certain pot holes or if there is a passenger in the back seat.

It has come to the point when i think it is time to change the damn shocks - that big clank when it bottoms out sends shivers up my spine - now i have 3 suggestions so far,

1) replace with stock - expensive as .........
    2) 2nd hand off a JDM DC2r - there u run a risk of them dying soon after installation
    3) Bilstein - don't know much about them, a friend just suggested them as they have life time warranty.

So what would u guys choose, or even better, any other suggestions?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    i know this may be out of your price range, but i think coilovers are a good option, even 2nd hand ones can b quite affordable

Quote Originally Posted by nipnip
    i know this may be out of your price range, but i think coilovers are a good option, even 2nd hand ones can b quite affordable
    Just wondering, coilover is just adjustable suspension, correct? If so what makes them better? The fact that u can adjust it to suit ur need?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    i dont have coilovers, from what i know they are height adjustable, dampening force adjustable for the compression and rebound, and better pillow ball mounts which reduces the change of alignment in your tires so you can get better grip. i think some of the pillow ball mounts even let you adjust camber

yes MOST coil ovas are height adjustable...
    and most are eg: TIEN i know cause my bros got em in his rex the coil ovas are REBUILDABLE!!!! so save in the long run...
    you can customise it to suit the rebound rate anti body roll rah rah rah... oh plus it corners better too =P

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    gettin off topic, what is your budget

Quote Originally Posted by nipnip
    gettin off topic, what is your budget
    Well, I was looking at spending around 600 bucks. The set of 2nd hand JDM DC2R rear suspension cost 300, so i thought 600 bucks is a fair amount to spend on a set of brand new ones.

how could ur shocks be bottoming out? wat suspension set-up r u on at the moment?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    how could ur shocks be bottoming out? wat suspension set-up r u on at the moment?
    If the car has had lowered springs installed and the shocks left as the standard ones there's a good chance that the shockies will hit the bumpstops over large bumps? Gotta love that feeling........................................ BANG!

I agree with the others if you can stretch the budget a bit further to get some coil overs it would be well worth the money.
    Tein SS coilover: $1480 (EK, DC2R)

and that wil lbe 1480 for all four not just for the rear two

go coilovers man

makes a world of difference.