Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5

Will these fit? [offset Q.]

Hey guys im an idiot when it comes to this but anyways, my accord is 114.3x4, offset 40+, and I want to buy a certain package of rims which are 114.3x4 but offset around 35, is there anyway I can fiddle around with the rims to make them fit? I've been told to get things like 5mm spacers but I am unsure,
    Also, the size of the rims are 17x8" (front) plus 17x9"(back).

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    bump need this info asap!

i think spacers will make your wheel stick even further out.
    ie. spaces will make things worse.

hmm...those rims, to be honest are way too wide. i would try to stick to 7" or 7.5" wheels. chances are u'll get alot of rubbing. migth be wise to let them go. =)

that is way too wide for accord..not worth the hassles in the long run dude...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    dam...was a good set of rims too for a good price, oh well...thanks guys.

Find out what other wheels someone else is using, use their wheels as "limits" then find some width/offset combo that you have access to that fits.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

To compensate for going from a +40 to a +35 rim that is wider, you DONT put spacers, spacers add MORE offset. You will need to either roll your gaurd, or stretch the tyre on the rim. Honestly, just get a thinner rim. You dont need more then 225 rubber anyway, which fits on a 7.5" rim.