Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 4" Split

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Well alread im looking to start saving some money for some better splits in my car, i can offload my speakers i have atm to a mate aswell so it works out for me quite well. Im looking to keep to 4", ive seen 5"+ in my car and u can hardly wind down the windows, so im sticking to to 4" split system or some good 4" and good tweeters.

Im very interested in the Morel 4" as i have heard these are quite good. Others ive heard about are the a particular BA 4" split.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions plz feel free to suggest them.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Oh yeh, and i guess if im gonna be running some decent speakers ill need a front amp aswell which i have no clue about.

You can't go wrong with Morels. I love their sound. If you have heard a set before and liked the sound i don't think you will find a better brand out there. They have an awesome warm feel to them once they have been run in. They can bring out the best in any vocal recordings.

Others to look for assuming you have a decent budget is Hertz, Focal, Phoenix Gold, Infinity and Boston Acoustics.

With amps, again depending on the budget, you could look at Alpine, Pheonix Gold, Audison, JL Audio, Orion and the list goes on.

i own a set of 4" Soundstream Spl's splits, there that good that i never needed to to put the tweeter in, but there hard to find

Yea Boston Acoustic speakers are a treat I got the Pro 5.5 myself

and Morel .. they are sweet also

couldn't go wrong with either ...

Member Array
    You should check out the DLS range of Amps and Spreakers.

I think the magnesium series have a fairly shallow mount.

If your looking for prices i can give you any details your after.

DLS is nice too.

Member Array
    My entire system is DLS aside from teh Clarion HU

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    isn't a bit of a contradicion... good 4" splits go for 5s you'll regret not having a little bass up front.

Yeah, 4" splits are tiny and won't provide any bass at all. Maybe a tiny bit of midbass. I think Adrian's problem is due to the lack of space, especially with the window hitting the magnet on deeper splits.

Adrian - there are a few shallow mount 5-6" splits out there if you are interested?

Depends on what style of music you listen too.

Boston's suit harder genres of music, Morel's suit softer genres of music.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    well i listen to everything, rock/heavy metal/techno/club/trance/rnb/dnb all of it.

As i have said before im not putting anything bigger than 4" in coz i will have troubles winding windows up and down. I cant fit 5" or 6" or anthing bigger than 4" so leave it out.

To counteract the loss of midbass in the front i was thinking 8" mid drivers in the back panels and a sub. How would this work?

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Adrian - there are a few shallow mount 5-6" splits out there if you are interested?
    Just come back to check on something, and i didnt notic this the first time. Depending on how shallow, yes im interested. It's not that i love 4", id much prefer something bigger, but i dont want the pain of the windows and such.

Oh and forgot to mention im into SQ rather than SPL for the stuff, i want to eventually get into SQ comps, not this very instance but later this yr with a new system.