Legal or ilegal??

I was wondering if Racing Harness were legal for street use (I am from WA), I want to get one because I am planning to do few driving events plus they look cool as well. I was thinking of getting OMP

Sorry if I posted this in wrong section it looked like most suitable one.

they are illegal for street use because they dont allow you to rotate your body to see ur blind spots when turning. for track/drag use..i dunno lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Toyota Aristo!
    cmon man, seriously how hard would it be to put it in once every month or two when you take the car on a track?

2 threads in one week about harnesses.... I guess I will ask the question again.

Do you have a cage?
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    really depends dude cheak with rta cause in sydney we had a VL Brock with Larry Perkins motor an train. We used it as a show car an would take it to summer nats with rego . we had a harness but it had to have a regular type buckle an not the multi quick release style cause ambos or good citizen tryin to save you in an accident might not know how to work it.
    seems do be differnt states different rules thoe i thought this car was off its nuts. Till one time we got a co driver for bathurst that drove his VL over from adelaide an his car had rego similar running gear to ours but still had centre lock wheel nuts also even had air jacks

It wouldn't be big problem to put it in when needed but if it can stay there all the time why not.
    No cage in a car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenic1981
    I was wondering if Racing Harness were legal for street use (I am from WA), I want to get one because I am planning to do few driving events plus they look cool as well. I was thinking of getting OMP

Sorry if I posted this in wrong section it looked like most suitable one.
    Use both for extra safety. akakak
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    This was covered here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36595

But as 'SPEEDCORE' said, unless you have a cage, on both road and track they are very dangerous.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by ek4-guy
    it had to have a regular type buckle an not the multi quick release style..
    That's right as far as I know in WA you CAN have a harness as long as it uses regular buckles - and a roll cage has nothing to do with it as long as you have enough seat-belt mounting points available for your harness. the old fashioned harnesses required that you insert 4 separate buckles into a special latchy kinda thing - it was harder to get OFF than it was to put ON.. one thing you should consider - is do you REALLY want to be having to clamber in and out of a harness when you go to the servo to get milk ? is the 'coolness' factor worth those 15 extra seconds every time you get in and out of your car ? not to mention if you're in a hurry..

Talk to Go-Gear on Scarborough Beach Rd about REAL safety modification - they know the laws and CAMS standards in relation to seatbelts inside-out.

Thanks for that, I am deffinitly not getting Racing Harness, I was thinking that I would be safer with them, but after I read that post, no thanks, maybe one day if I ever get cage in my car.

This is perfect example of how usefull ozhonda is...great