Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ

Car drives like it is shuddering/bunny-hopping

Hi Guys,

I got a jazz in Nov - everything has been fine with it until a few days ago. Driving normally (automatic) at 50 km/h, with normal acceleration, it feels like the car is jerky and shuddering - as if i was bunny-hopping in a manual.

I have no clue what it is. Water/oil/tyres etc are all fine. Its only on 18,000km. Im just freaking out because i thought it has warranty until towards the end of the year, but i think it expired in Jan. i only bought it second hand a few months ago so a little worried!!!

Any ideas? Im not going to drive it anymore - and working full time i dont have time to take it to Honda so my folks will take it on Wed, but i just wanted to get an idea of what im up for. (id be lying if i said i wouldnt be devestated if warranty covered it and i was just a little bit out)..

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    mines doin it at the moment, seems to do it when i buy fuel from a place other than my usual fuel stop.

try some fuel from a different supplier.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by 08ESE
    mines doin it at the moment, seems to do it when i buy fuel from a place other than my usual fuel stop.

try some fuel from a different supplier.
    hhaha!! O8ESE.. I was just about to say the same thing.. There are a feel things I can think of...

1. Fuel. what fuel did you put on? Try a few tanks of 98RON petrol and clean up those injectors and carbon build-up

2. Assuming nearly 3 years.. and only done 18,000km.. Not driven a lot.. Check the service history and it will be wise to change the CVT oil even though it has only doen 18,000km... Doesn't cost much.. less than $100 I will have thought..

3. Giving your situation.. busy and stuff.. My advise to you is.. take up te additional 2 years 40,000km warranty from Honda before the current warranty runs out...

Bring it to the dealer to check it out would be the first thing I would do .. Most probably they will change the CVT oil first it hasn't been change since new...

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ
    Thanks guys... my dad checked the transmission oil and said hed like it to have more in it before i drive it again, so we're doing that tonight (its only $13.20/L at a honda dealer) **BUT** Does anyone have a clue where you put it in?? The manual doesnt say..

I called a dealer and they couldnt help me with the warranty - its probably out and all they could do was 'have a look over it'.

Called head office and the warranty department has to call me back - and it generally takes 48 working hours for that (6 days!!) Im patient, so im not complaining, im just worried that if it finished on the 24th Jan, and its already 2 Weeks over, then another week is going to kill my chances for anything!

Any ideas? Im not dodgy (lol) but i am worried that my car has done so little kms, and that i cant extend my warranty OR get a potential problem looked at under warranty cause its expired.

I really have no excuse as i should have looked at all of this more closely when i sent my ownership thing back, but i was just mentally thinking i had longer for some reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    put different fuel in, no more surging in my jazz now

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Kimbi, you should take up the extended warranty you know... cost only $600 - $700 for peace of mind of 2 extra years...

In relation to your questions about where to put the CVT oil in.. have a look at this thread.. * Do it at your own risks*
    http://ausfit.proboards37.com/index....ead=1127993060

Don't top up the CVT fluid. Drop it and put in all fresh fluid. You'll need 4L.

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ
    I just got an email back from Honda saying 'your warranty expired on 24th January'

Spoke to Honda at Kinsgwood and they said i should top it up with 1L until the next service (which will probably be next week) so my dad is going to do that for me today. Just makes me wonder whats happened to make it so low when its only done 18,000kms - might just be a seal or something?

Quote Originally Posted by kimbi
    I just got an email back from Honda saying 'your warranty expired on 24th January'

Spoke to Honda at Kinsgwood and they said i should top it up with 1L until the next service (which will probably be next week) so my dad is going to do that for me today. Just makes me wonder whats happened to make it so low when its only done 18,000kms - might just be a seal or something?
    Hey - there is no way they can refuse warranty if you have genuine 18,000kms. Trade Practices Act over rides any factory warranty and means that they have to warrant what would be 'reasonable' for the product.

Any way you look at it 18,000Kms is a new car. Few things simply age - tyres, rubber and plastics etc can deteriorate, but engine and chassis components - no way. They wear only through use.

So - go back to Honda an make a fuss - don't loose your cool, but be assertive and insistent. Start with the Dealer then write to Honda Australia Cusomer Relations if the dealer won't act. Get someone older or more experienced to go with you for support.

If that fails go to your state consumer affairs or fair trading department.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloss
    So - go back to Honda an make a fuss - don't loose your cool, but be assertive and insistent. Start with the Dealer then write to Honda Australia Cusomer Relations if the dealer won't act. Get someone older or more experienced to go with you for support.

If that fails go to your state consumer affairs or fair trading department.
    best advice, i've heard about things like this going to court for the argument, "it's unethical to be manifacturing something that will work until just after the warrenty has run out"
    which is true, and i'm sure that the Honda PR people don't want it to go that far. But as said, be assertive but DON'T abuse or get angry.
    it's a fine line about being firm and letting them know how you feel!

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ
    WELL... I underestimated the 'kindness' of honda because they extended it no worries (cost me almost $700 but its worth it) head office were very very nice and when it got taken to Great Western Honda (Kingswood NSW) they were great about it...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Just wondering if the car had been serviced every 6 months despite the low km's...? I hope so...