Thread: Odyssey

Odyssey

Hi guys

After planning on buying a CRX for a while i've had to make a......responsible decision. I've decided to keep my money and continue saving for a Honda Odyssey. Its going to be more family based and used for my fiancee and i to go on road trips and so fourth before we have children.

I was just wondering if anyone has any nice pictures of some slightly modded odysseys. I've seen the ones on the honda site and had a quick look for some myself on OH but haven't found any at all.

They seem to be well built from what i've seen. The interior is great. I'd like to get the optional body kit and get nice chrom 18s for her.

What are you opinions on them>?? what is the service interval and approximate cost??

thanks in advance

Jason

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When are you getting married and when are you going to have children? How long do you plan to keep the odyssey? Because you will only have 1 kid every 1.5 to 2 years, by the time you have enough kids to make use of the Odyssey's space, it would be time to change car! (Marry in 1 year, 1st kid after another year, 2nd kid after 1.5 years and 3rd after another 1.5, making a total of 5 years!)

Why don't you go for a largish sedan like the Accord VTi or V6? That will keep you happy until you get your 3rd child. By 5 years, it would be time to change car, unless you plan to keep it til it goes to the big scrapyard.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    if its the latest model odysey u're talking about, i reckon they are very nice. i've no doubt wth the built quality, hav sat in one and it felt really great, nice and comfy. for a family car..the chasis actaully sits pretty low and looks very good stock standard from the fron, quite sporty. some nice rims and a decent drop will definately top it

just throw in some pics.

standard

lowered wth rims
    Last edited by STTICH; 07-02-2006 at 11:24 PM.

yeah its the latest one that im lookin at. I won't be gettin it for about a year from now . And when i do get it my fiancee and i will be gettin married and then goin on a road trip honeymoon thing.we won't ne havin kids for a few years yet but we do need a new car and thought that theres no point buyin one just to buy another one in a few years time, especially when the car will still be in good shape. not sure how long we will keep it.

Any ideas on the servicing costs for the newer hondas??

cheers

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I read in the other posts that in QLD, it's about $150-200 for the minor service.

what about the major ones?? like when you have to change the timing belt and break pads and stuff. That stuff can really add up quite quickly.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The major service involves a valve clearance check. I think it runs about $400. The Odyssey's 2.4L engine doesn't have a timing belt . They just check the timing chain and tensioner and it should last a long time. The only time you need to change it is if there is a problem with the tensioner and then it does become more expensive than a timing belt. But you have warranty to cover it.

I haven't asked about brake pads. I'd guess 200-300?

sweet. Didn't know whether it was chain or belt.

Thanks for the answers guys. Any other opinions are welcome as well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    I'll go with the Odyssey Absolute look if I were you. So go for the manufacturer's bodykit, fogs, remove the ugly chrome line on the bodyside and get a wheel similar to the one you got at your avatar (In gunmetal grey or darker shade).