Member Array
    Car:
    Evo TME

EG civic front speaker size

I just took out the factory front speakers on my EG civic sedan. I dont have a ruler, but they look to be 4". However, They were screwed into a plastic housing, and this is bolted to the door frame in holes that look like they would fit 6" or maybe 6.5" speakers.

So basically, will 6 or 6.5" speakers screw straight into door frame, or do they require an adaptor also?

I know its sort of a car audio question, but is specific to civics only so posted in this section.
    currently onda-less...but i do have an Evo 6.5

Member Array
    Car:
    21 speed push bike
    yes they should fit..,

make sure that they dont hit the window (i.e. the magnet of the speakers). best to make some kind of wooden spacer with MDF whatever. That also enhances sound quality with more vibration dampening.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir
    yes they'l fit , i recently put 6 inch door speakers, fitd in nicely.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si
    Hey mate,

I recently installed a set of 6.5" speakers (Soundstream Tarantula SST6.5 Two-way) and they just fitted with the use of a MDF spacer.

When installing, its a good idea to remove the plastic clips around the 6.5" hole in the door, so that the MDF spacer, when screwed in, will sit flush on the metal. Best drilled out.

Also, when putting in the spacers, they didn't sit flush because of the shape of the metal around the 6.5" hole. Best way to adapt the spacers is to grind the wood away from the spots where the spacer wouldn't sit flush.

Hope this helps.

-Kappa

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    4inch with the black spacer..
    take them off then it's 6inch..
    if you want 6.5inch, you'll need to make or get custom spacers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    hey just wanna bring up this topic again. i want to know that if i do wanna put 6.5 inch, where can i get a custom spacer from? and if so, does anyone have any pics to show me how it looks like??

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    You can buy it from any audio store like WOW. The spacers are just a wooden frame that your speakers attach too.

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    i just hacked the hell out of the black plastic holders that the stoskies were in and since they sit flush to the metal on the door there was no need to modify them. And than screwed the speaker into the plastic, i was a bit worried if it was gonna hold it but after about year or so no problems (3 screws per side). I've got 6" splits by the way, but yeah 6.5" will fit no probs, seen it heaps of time on other civics
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    go to strathfield buy the plastic spacers fits right on it. will need to make custome holes.. a drill will solve your problem..

depending on the new speakers, you need the spacer because your windows will hit the speaker if you dont use any!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    DIY an MDF spacer; depending on mounting depth of speaker 12mm MDF should be fine.

As illustrated above I used the OEM plastic speaker mount as a template for the shape of the spacer, as well as to mark out the screw holes. Then it's simply a matter of cutting a suitable hole in the middle of the spacer to accommodate the woofer (a compass comes in handy to mark this circle cut out. Finally seal the spacer with some waterproof varnish or similar, and you're ready to attach the speaker.
    Tools required: Drill, Jigsaw, Rasp (optional), Sandpaper (optional), and cheap paintbrush.
    Using this method you should be able to mount 6-6.5" woofer without any major problems.