Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Integra GSi

Minor Head Unit Problem

Hey guys nothing major wrong but just that since I wired up my head unit the other day, i connected the auto antenna wire but the auto antenna comes up when CD is on, not just for the radio. Anyone have any ideas why this might be. The deck is Pioneer DEH-7750

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    pioneer head unit dont have antenna control for cd so when the unit is on its always gonna be up
    also you connected it to the remote output from the unit it doesnt have an antenna output right?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Integra GSi
    i wasnt sure so at first i left the wire unconnected but antenna never came up at all so basically had no reception for radio..n in the installation manual for the blue n white wire that i left unconnected it read "conect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal"

After connecting this wire with the stock wire on my car the auto antenna now works when head unit turns on n off..but as stated before also comes up with CD on.

It does have antenna output but have shit reception just using that..like can only find one channel

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    Other thing you can do it add a switch to the line so the antenna only goes up when you want it to. Aside from that you'll have to live with it if u want radio.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Integra GSi
    oh ok fair enuf..is this the same with all pioneer decks?

yep, so I've been told.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Integra GSi
    alrite..guess im puttin up with it then..or mite end up disconnectin wire..thanks for your help guys

yup MOST of pioneer decks run pwr ant via rem cable.
    no harm jus dont hope u cane it everywhere like go from the gong to syd back n forth for work every day=P or u have a bent antenna.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Integra GSi
    haha yea was hopin i culd change it cos the teg antennas are huge..but no shuld be right haha