Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well ... this topic has probably been talked upon and discussed to death already ... but i'd still like to hear ppls opinions on the 2 rival cars ...

hears my 2 cents worth ...

Mazda6/Atenza - ok ride ... ok engine .... ok interior ... resale value err none ... overall .. ok ... not bad ... but would i want to splash around 35-40K on a car that's just ok ... probably not ... and hears my last thought .. what's with the name .. ATENZA .. doesn't that sound like a camry model name ... stupid i think

Euro/TSX - excellent ride ... nice interior ... excellent engine class leading i think and suggested as such by far more intelligent souls than myself ... resale value pfft i wouldn't want to part with my ride anyway ... overall excellent value for money paid ... needs a better stock sound system though although once again not bad ... and hears my last thought ... what exactly does TSX stand for anyways ...???

Member Array
    see the new mazda 6 MPS??
    4wd turbo..

read about it in the new MOTOR mag.. (just below the new v10 M5 concept!!!!!!!!)

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    the interior dash of the Mazda 6 was blant, boring, uninviting.

Steering feel...just not there.

Seats...can do better for the RRP.

Engine...compared to the Euro - is that even an engine?? :P

Exterior - not too bad...cept for the "altezza rear lights"...BAD!

Ride as in suspension works - like any normal car...nuffin special.

my 2c.

Euro - beats the Mazda 6 in every way, i reckon!

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The Mazda 6 has one of sluggiest manual shifter I've tested... Even the Mazda 3 has a better shifter than the 6....

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

yes .. i'd heard of the mazda6 mps sometime ago ... at that time mazda was saying it was bit of a pipe dream and probably wouldn't be going into production anytime soon ... seems things have changed abit

looks like its coming to aus though... the mps...

tsx stands for ??? whats rsx stand for ?? :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

Test drove both.... Was looking at the Classic 6 against Standard Euro.
    Interior:
    As soon as I sat in the car, I didn't like the Grey velour.. I felt the Euro's black was clasier. I didn't like the abundance of the fake "metal" ALL over the central dash in the 6. Demo car I had had a scuff on it already which made it look cheap. Euro has a lot less of the fake "metal". In fact used sparingly actually looks nicer. The old adage "less is sometimes better"

Driving, taking off seemed the same... but when I was going up a slight hill with the Mazda it didn't feel as responsive and its as if I had to push it. The Euro took it beautifully.

The Mazda 6 sounded like it had a lot more road noise then the EUro.... Less road noise is something i'm after, considering I've now got an Integra which is driving me nuts with its noise. The Euro also seemed a bit smoother.

I also like the exterior styling of the Euro. A bit more conservative yes, but seems a bit more sharp and nicer. I don't like the clear lights on the 6. Reminds me of done up Lancers you see so often.

Cons for the Euro is the velour covered centre console. That's going to ruin I feel over time.... and the bike tyre spare tyre.

Snap Happy! Array
    Car:
    ER34
    Very interested although it's no suprising that the Euro gets the thumbs up on a Honda board :lol:

I might go test drive both just so I can post a comparison.
    ClubITR.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Mazda 6 MPS ams teh winnar!!!

2.0L AWD Turbo. looks sexy as aswell...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I test drove both. The Mazda 6 corners flatter than the Euro. The engine is nice and has a great raucious bark to it higher in the rev range. Gearbox was good. The interior, however, is too plastic and it looks cheap. Overall - the car feels like it is a $30,000 car.

The Euro manual is a real highlight and the engine just gallops along. The sound of the engine encroaches the cabin more than the 6 high in the rev range (negative). Fit and finish is better than the 6 and it feels more luxurious in standard trim. Euro loses points for not having a trip computer (this bugs me)! The space saver tyre is also a cheap move as is not having felt on the inner side of the windows. The Euro having VSA is a bonus as is drive by wire. Overall - the standard Euro car feels like it is a $50,000 car.

here is a proper review! Guess which car wins?

http://motoring.nzoom.com/motoring_d...88-390,00.html

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    I've tested both as well, although I tested the manual luxury hatch Mazda 6 and for the Euro, only tested the auto as opposed to the 6 speed.

A little bias, from an Euro owner, but I reckon the Euro is better then the Mazda6 in all aspects. Engine, transmission, handling, interior, styling. I would even take a base model Euro over a top of the line Mazda 6 (luxury sports hatch).

Snap Happy! Array
    Car:
    ER34
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugoid
    I would even take a base model Euro over a top of the line Mazda 6 (luxury sports hatch).
    damn that is a very big call! :shock:
    ClubITR.com.au