Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro 6MT

[EURO] 10000km service, asking for comments on non-honda authorised service centre?

I need to get the 10000km service done on my euro, I live in the country and there's very little in the way of anything near me honda dealership-wise, except for the place I bought the honda from. Unfortunately they have a reputation for overcharging, and not the best workmanship so I was wondering what the repercussions would be for taking it to a non-honda authorised place to get serviced?
    Does it void warranty?
    Does it affect resale value?
    etc

Thanks

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The law prohibits dealerships/car manufacturers to void warranty on a car if it is not serviced by them.

However, they can void it IF it is not serviced in accordance with the service manual.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    I believe the general statement is that it needs "equivalent or better parts".

If so, no, it can't void your warranty, and it shouldn't affect your resale because it's still a full service history by a qualified mechanic.

Besides the 1000 km service, all the servicing on my car will be done by my brother-in-law (as it has been on all our cars)...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    so the warranty won't be void if we get it serviced by our own mechanic?

because i heard alot about servicing at the dealership...it's pretty much bullcrap isn't it? not to mention we get overcharged...

when my new euro arrives, i would prefer to have it serviced by my own mechanic....who does a great job and doesn't overcharge....i get the receipt for the parts he buys so i know i aint getting charged bullcrap....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro STD/M
    *I* think the main thing that'll be affected by servicing outside a honda dealer will be the resale value of your vehicle; in particular if you wish to trade in for another honda in the future. Having sold a couple of vehicles i've owned from new lately the biggest problem I had was convincing people that the service down on the vehicle was equivelant of dealer service; which in the end was a factor on making my final sale price become lower.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro 6MT
    Thanks for the replies everyone... well, I guess it seems to be a toss up either way. I might just get a quote for the service from the honda dealer and compare it to other places and see if it'll be worth the trouble on resale