Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI

B16a turbo kit...

hey guys, im doing an engine conversion in my da3 integra, i no this is a civic, crx thread, and i wanna know, wat is the best bolt on turbo kit for this b16a motor going around and how much, i dnt want people talkng s*#t, i need replys from people with experience in this sorta stuff plz.
    the motor will be rebuilt to standard specs so it should handel 7 psi with a proper turbo kit no probz.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    maybe try in the other section "forced induction"
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by nugget666
    maybe try in the other section "forced induction"
    good point

moved

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    why rebuilt it to standard spec's? If its open put some forged internals in there. WIll probably set u back the price of OEM gear.

Otherwise a good turbo kit? Check out the turbo kits thread. AVO, Greddy, turbonetics etc etc as well as custom kits make by local shops - toda, online performance, razztech etc etc.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 Honda Civic SiR
    i recomend go with a supercharger as you hav v-tec up high rev's, + the aint no lag

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by DVSEF9
    i recomend go with a supercharger as you hav v-tec up high rev's, + the aint no lag
    vtec doesn't make power at all when compared to forced induction. It's like a pinch on the arm compared to a fist to the face.

Unfortunately, to really get "no lag", you need to use something like a jrsc, which severly limits how much power you can make as it can't be intercooled(without a ton of work at least). Throw on a centrifugal supercharger, that has the capability to be intercooled, and as such, can potentially support more power, and you have way more lag(assuming we're defining lag as the time until full boost is achieved) than with just about any turbo set up.

On b16's, which already have no torque, using a supercharger on them, unless you spend a TON of money on it, will always result in less hp, significantly less torque, and a much emptier wallet than any turbo set up.

If you want power down low, then use a smaller turbo. If you want power up high, use a larger one.

If you want it in both places, vnt turbos are the way to go
    Last edited by saxman; 09-03-2006 at 04:29 AM.