Member Array
    Car:
    Accord 2005 VTi Auto

Vti 2005 Vtec Engagement rpm (K24A4)

I thought I read somewhere that the 2nd set of cams engage at 2200rpm is that correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    hmmm im no vtec expert, but that sounds a bit low ? i think vtec usually engages at like at least 4000 + ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    I'm No Vtec Expert either but, I'm pretty sure that 2200 is low i mean very low. All the other's Hit 5500rpm before hitting Vtec. but i could be rong as this is the i-Vtec model so i have no idea. but yeah just thought i might input my knowledge.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    no expert either, but yeah. it does seem abit low. i normally shift at 2.5k so id be hitting vtec a fair bit.
    but i wouldnt really be able to tell.. seeing as i dont get that vtec kick, i dunno if its any different in the auto and the manual.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I think stage 1 is around 2200RPM, then the second one is at 4500RPM and last is at 6050RPM.... Could be wrong though..

Anyhow, second stage at 2200RPM seems too low and will in fact bog the engine down...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by hotout
    I thought I read somewhere that the 2nd set of cams engage at 2200rpm is that correct?
    u referring to the k24 in the VTi? that switches from 12V to 16V ops only.. activation is ard 2200 to 2500rpm, +/- a couple of hundred rpms, depending on ur driving style. no hi cam for the vti.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord 2005 VTi Auto
    thanks mislovic! no hi cam, so that's why no one can feel the kick.

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    yes.. Vti = single cam.. correct me if i am wrong. i know that the 94 vti .. i know i know.. theres like over 10 yrs difference.. but anyways ill say this. VTEC in the 94 vti accord kicks in LOW- this is why u do not feel VTEC. usually around 3000 if that. depends on how much u step on the throttle.. if flat out.. usuallyu quite low.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Nope the VTI is a DOHC.

More info:

K24A4- the Honda Element and Accord come in with 9.7:1 compression and 2.4 liters of displacement. The motor is rated at 160hp at 5500rpm and 161lbs-ft at 4500rpm. This motor does not use the conventional VTEC mechanism from the earlier B series motors but does have VTC. Instead it only has 2 cam lobes on the intake side and 1 on the exhaust lob. This motor has no Vtec mechanism on the exhaust cam and runs on 12 valves before 2200rpm with the other 4 slightly opening. It also has smaller ports than the Type S and Type R. The motor also comes with a 5 speed transmission instead of the 6 speed and has no LSD.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    Low engagement because it is a vtec-e system, not performance.