Page 1 of 153 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    This thread should come in usefull for people in the future.

Please only post if you are recommending a tyre and post details of the tyre you are reviewing. Also stick to the format and give a rough indication of price.

Here goes:

Yokohama A539 - At around $200 each (205x45 16" fitted) they are an excellant handler in the dry as well as the wet. Well suited for track use as well as day to day driving. At the same time, they will easily give you 30k km's day to day driving with the occasional track visit while being extremely quiet.

Silverstone - These are about $110-120 each (same size as above) and are for people on a tight budget with no performance in mind. They are quite noisey and are not for perfomance applications. A harder compound more suited for daily commuting and for extended tyre life.
    Last edited by wynode; 15-08-2004 at 11:45 PM.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I've tried silverstones on my old mags and would not recommend them at all. They lack in any real grip and wear badly. In the wet - well, you might as well be on rollerskates for all the stopping power they have.

Just my $0.02
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    I've tried silverstones on my old mags and would not recommend them at all. They lack in any real grip and wear badly. In the wet - well, you might as well be on rollerskates for all the stopping power they have.

Just my $0.02
    Thats exactly why I am looking for new tyres even though my current tyres (Silverstones) have 95% grip on them.

Ok lets get back on topic.........I'm sure you have a few tyre review to give us Santana
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Dunlop FM901's. Mine are 205/40/17 Cost anywhere from $215 - $250.

Great handling in dry and wet. Seem to get better when they wear. Very predictable.

Yokohama AO32R - semi slick tyre. Great for track use. New about $250 - 300 per tyre for 15's. You have to be lucky to get them cheap and second hand

Exceptional handling in wet and dry. Very grippy!

P.S My sister's boyfriend use to use these on his 10 second rx7
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Currently using Pirelli P6000's . Much better grip and noise levels when compard to my old DUnlop Monzas. 175/14 i think. $100-120.
    If ur around Kograh, i recomend Kograh Tyre power, great service and great prices on any Pireilli's
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I'm currently rollin on (F)Continental Sports Contacts and (R)Silverstones.

Continental Sports Contact - For around $230 - 205/40R17 (tyre only). CSCs have a Asymetrical tread design unlike da Water tread design found on most Tyres today. Not a popular choice though due to price/different market I guess? I thought it was wortha try to c how it goes on my Civic. At da moment da Conti's are heaps better than da Silverstones.
    I'm yet to find out how well my car will go wit Continentals all round until I get my new shocks though?

I will keep u posted on how da Conti's all round will go.....
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Come on guys, this is meant to be a review thread!

So:
    1. Price
    2. Tyre details.
    3. Performance of the tyre (as you have experienced)
    4. Formatting -> Bold like in the first post

Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

I have used a few different tyres but can't remember the exact details for some of them.

Yokohama's - great tyre with heaps of grip. A bit pricey as opposed to Falken etc but a great piece of rubber. Another mental note is that they really make a lot of noise, these things scream when you light them up.

Pirelli - another good tyre but i didn't find them as good as the Yoko's. Plenty of grip and much quieter on the freeway but sometimes not worth the price.

Goodyear Eagle F1's - i had these on my stockies after i burnt out the Yoko's and they were ok. They are a hard compound tyre which means they don't burn up as easy, they are much harder to smoke. Also, from what i've heard hard compound tyres can fall apart, as in chunks can come out of the tyre and once that starts it's not good. But i've punished them on some twisties and they held up.

Falken FK451's - Got these on my rims at the moment and there is heaps of grip. They are a good tyre for both dry and wet although i've aquaplaned twice this winter and almost lost control at 110km/h both times.
    Last edited by vti-2; 17-10-2005 at 06:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    I currently have

Monza - Couriers's for about $130 - $140 a wheel provide suprisingly good grip in the dry and wet. Also come with heaps of tread on them.

If anyone else have tried these I would like to hear on your oppinion.

1. $160 per corner
    2. Falken azenis , semi slick tyre. 205x50x15(?i think)
    3. Peformance is superb...but take a quick thrash or burnout to get them "working"

I reccommend them...as they are cheaper and higher performance than most other road tyres....but u will be buying a new pair every 20,00kms...with a few good track days mind u

Soft , not so good in the wet...7.5/10.

Newcomer Array
    Currently running Yokohama A539s 205/50/15, paid $159 per tyre from Bob Jane (Elizabeth st Melbourne)
    So far so good, have only done approx 1500kms on them but feel fairly sticky with minimal warming up, have felt just as good inthe wet too, good compromise b/c grip and lifespan. As an added bonus they have a beautiful asymmetrical pattern 8)

http://free.hostdepartment.com/C/Cas...oA539tread.JPG

Newcomer Array
    Toyo RA-1: an R spec road legal race tyre.

Price for 205/55/16 is $275

Fantastic grip wet & dry - used by some of us in Marque Sports Car Assoc super sprints, and as road tyres.

Mileage on an S2000 road & track - about 20 - 25K with approx. 70 laps on different circuits.

View at www.toyo.com.au

[/b]