Page 142 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152 ... LastLast
Results 1,693 to 1,704 of 1833
    If you want durability over grip, go for Dunlop Le Mans. I personally prefer the Yokohama though, it touches the ground firm enough.

Hi everyone. Need help. Been reading many forums and reviews on tyres which just confused me even more. Even some reviews contradict one another.

Anyway, I am due for new tyres. I have a 1999 Civic Coupe with 17" aftermarket rims. I currently have 7 year old Nexen N3000s in 205/40/17 size on them, and whilst they still have some tread left, they have become noisy as all hell. They have to go coz the road roar from these tyres are making me deaf. This means one of the primary criteria is my new set of tyres must be QUIET.

I've always had good experiences with Yokohama tyres (having had A509 and A539 on a Mitsubishi in the past), so I looked at the current range of Yokohamas. My tyre size of 205/40/17 is proving to be abit of a pain though, as it doesn't seem to be a very common size. I was looking at the Yokohama A.Drive.R1 but when I rang a shop to ask about pricing the dude said they are not quiet tyres at all, and proceeded to recommend the Kumho KU21 or Falken 912...which incidentally were both alot cheaper than the Yokos. Upon researching the KU21, it doesn't even seem to come in 205/40/17 size so not sure why the tyre dude even suggested them to me. The Falken 912 does come in my size, and he promised me they are very quiet. So will they be a good choice to go for?

Also open to other suggestions of course, so I can read up about them. Any help appreciated!! Would like to get this done this week if possible while I am still on holidays.

Try to look for Nitto Neogen 225/45 r17. a quiet type but aggressive tire. Its also all-season tires. Bang for the Buck.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Hi everyone. Need help. Been reading many forums and reviews on tyres which just confused me even more. Even some reviews contradict one another.

Anyway, I am due for new tyres. I have a 1999 Civic Coupe with 17" aftermarket rims. I currently have 7 year old Nexen N3000s in 205/40/17 size on them, and whilst they still have some tread left, they have become noisy as all hell. They have to go coz the road roar from these tyres are making me deaf. This means one of the primary criteria is my new set of tyres must be QUIET.

I've always had good experiences with Yokohama tyres (having had A509 and A539 on a Mitsubishi in the past), so I looked at the current range of Yokohamas. My tyre size of 205/40/17 is proving to be abit of a pain though, as it doesn't seem to be a very common size. I was looking at the Yokohama A.Drive.R1 but when I rang a shop to ask about pricing the dude said they are not quiet tyres at all, and proceeded to recommend the Kumho KU21 or Falken 912...which incidentally were both alot cheaper than the Yokos. Upon researching the KU21, it doesn't even seem to come in 205/40/17 size so not sure why the tyre dude even suggested them to me. The Falken 912 does come in my size, and he promised me they are very quiet. So will they be a good choice to go for?

Also open to other suggestions of course, so I can read up about them. Any help appreciated!! Would like to get this done this week if possible while I am still on holidays.
    your problem is you are rocking 17 inch wheels on a car that should have no larger than 16s (15s are optimal for your car.)

Get smaller wheels, they will be lighter, tyres will also be cheaper and you will have a quiet, comfortable ride.

+ 17s on a 1999 Civic is ricer IMHO, a classic case of form over function.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    Anyone tried the Kumho KU21 on thier S2000? or as a matter of fact any of thier hondas?
    Got quoted from local bob jane for 700$ for a set of 4 including alignment fitting balancing etc.

Any thoughts and opinons much appreciated

Picked up a set of Michelin Pilot sport 3 - 225/45/17 fitted to my Euro for $1000! Bargain......

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Anyone have opinions on Nitto Invo tyres?
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    OzzyTyres are having a 50% sale at the moment. Type in the Ozzy code and get another 5% off. Win Win. They stock a fairly large range, and price includes delivery. Too bad they don't have Yokohama V551 which I'm looking for. Anyone know where I can grab them cheap or have had any experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    your problem is you are rocking 17 inch wheels on a car that should have no larger than 16s (15s are optimal for your car.)

Get smaller wheels, they will be lighter, tyres will also be cheaper and you will have a quiet, comfortable ride.

+ 17s on a 1999 Civic is ricer IMHO, a classic case of form over function.
    If you have B18 or better, 16" is optimum imo.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    yokohama advan a682
    Bridgestone re050a
    Continental contisportcontact2

Which would you guys chose? Also interested in noise and wear.