Thread: 4WS diagnosis

4WS diagnosis

Here is a copy of the diagnostic procedure for the 4WS system on the prelude. Included is the various error codes recieved so that you can easily work out whats wrong with your 4WS. Repair instructions not included.. recommend a professional actually fix or align it!

(note for Wyn: pics loaded off site because gallery wouldnt accept them. Feel free to import em into ozhonda and edit the links when you get a chance)

Last edited by bigteethygrin; 02-02-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    good work dude

Member Array
    Car:
    88 4WS Prelude

4WS servicing

I have just bought an '88 mechanical 4WS Prelude - didnt really appreciate it until i got on a downhill series of hairpins (Hawksbury Heights/Springwood Blue Mountains) then it was a revelation, like on rails. My question is are there any serviceable bits on th steering system? i havent looked closely at it yet - do they have oil ine the rear boxes? (its done 270k)

Car:
    twin GX160's
    the rear rack is not serviceable although they can be overhauled when required.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA7
    Quote Originally Posted by possumscratcher View Post
    I have just bought an '88 mechanical 4WS Prelude - didnt really appreciate it until i got on a downhill series of hairpins (Hawksbury Heights/Springwood Blue Mountains) then it was a revelation, like on rails. My question is are there any serviceable bits on th steering system? i havent looked closely at it yet - do they have oil ine the rear boxes? (its done 270k)
    there's grease in the rear rack and as long as you don't mess with it, you don't need to service it (as for 3rd gen).

Member Array
    Car:
    88 4WS Prelude
    thanks folks - its working well so I'll leave it alone. Anyone have a power antenna lying around?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by possumscratcher View Post
    thanks folks - its working well so I'll leave it alone. Anyone have a power antenna lying around?
    use the WTB Section