Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Central locking in 98 civic cxi

hey guys, i have a 98 civic cxi hatch but no central locking. I went to jaycar, bought a 2 door central locking kit, came home, opened my door trim to put it in, but, it looked like there was an actuator already in there with 5 wires coming out to a plug, which is not plugd in anywhere... So wat i'm thinkin is since central locking is an option in CXi models, they have all the central locking parts in there, just dont plug them in...

Now heres the problem, i have the control unit and everything, but, b4 i try to install anything, i dont know which wires are for what. I searched for any wiring diagrams on the net and ozhonda but could not find anything, i was wondering if anyone knows if the plug behind the trim is for central locking or not and if anyone has pics or any help with installing central locking using that plug if it IS for central.

thanx b4hand, any help much appreciated...
    Last edited by nuj; 14-04-2006 at 06:10 PM.

moved. wait for ECU MAN or similar to reply

If any1s got any door wiring diagram or pictures of the inside of the door trim of a central locking EK (gli or vti) that would be gr8...

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    as you have found the drivers door has the 5 pin connector, wich means its got a motor and switch built into the door lock, its best to use it and not mount the aftermarket kit

the pasangers door will have the two pin conector, which is just for the motor, not switch there

I cant remember on the drivers door which wire are what, but its really not hard to find, all you need is a multi meter, put it in continuity mode and test the wires

out of the 5 wires 3 of them will be for the switch, what you want to do is find the common wire and will give continuity to another wire when the door is locked, when you change to door lock state to unlocked that same wire will give continuity to one of the other wires, double test your wires, the two wires that do not give contiunuity to anything will be the motor wires,

some times the switch wires are different colours to the motor wires and may be a bit thinner.

good luck

Thanx for that ECU-MAN i'll try it and post how it goes

I did it I got the c/locking HOOKD UP!

for anyone whos going to install central locking on a EK 98 hatch, if u got the 5 wire plug on ur door, dont buy a central locking kit, all u need is a control unit which u can buy from Jaycar for $15 and some wires, the c/locking works now, i hookd it up to a keyless remote also... really easy to install...

if any1 wants to know the wire config (wat wires are for wat) lemme know

Car:
    twin GX160's
    why dont you make a DIY and put it in the DIY section

NUj/ECU MAN

Here the story i have a EM1 for some reason the central locking doesnt work, i have a central locking ek kit for the passenger door so i though id try and see if i swap it over wether it will work,

my predicament is that ur correct the australian has a 5 wire system but the EM1 only has a 3 wire system,

whats the go there? could it be the control unit ur talking about? i couldnt work out how to connect a 5 wire central locking unit to a 3 wire

and the 5 wire is about twice the size of the 3 wire

Car:
    twin GX160's
    take some pics of the location and connectors your talking about

If the 5 pin connector is only a 3 pin connector, there is a chance there is only a switch there not a motor switch combo, if thats the case you will have to add a 5 wire actuator to the drivers door.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    Quote Originally Posted by nuj
    if any1 wants to know the wire config (wat wires are for wat) lemme know
    i would love to know
    CXi POWER

ECUMAN ill take a pic on my next day off,

But i would also look to see ur work NUj take a few pics for us,

i'll take a pic of it and post it up as soon as i get some time...

the wire config (which was on my car) was:-

for the driver side:
    red wire and yellow wire = motor
    2 blue wires = switch
    1 black wire = common

passenger side only has 2 wires coz its slave and they're both motor

the power lock relay u can pick up from jaycar for $15 (if you dont need the actuators)

or the actual 2 door c/locking kit for $30 which has everything u need including actuators, wires, power lock relay
    Last edited by nuj; 18-04-2006 at 07:32 PM.