Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ECUMAN

OK ive taken a pic

http://members.optusnet.com.au/myhonda

looks like i have 3 wires

1 is the ground

2 are blue/white and blue/red these are also common on the 5 wire system (i verified via my spare wiring harness,

I also checked the left hand side, it s 2 wires, yelllow and white. these are the ones missing from the right hand side.

What does this mean? what am i missing, the weird thing is i though central locking was standard on EM1

Also wat is the point in putting all this wiring for only a switch and no motor?
    why would honda do thaT?

then again from what ive described above it does sound like the left hand side does have a motor right?
    Last edited by abzndintegra; 19-04-2006 at 05:44 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    it is standard dude

think beyond the circle

in your situaltion you do have central locking,
    when ever you open or lock your car, you do it by the drivers door, by the keyhole or the leaver inside the car, so you only need a switch in the drivers door, no need for a motor because you are moving the lock's state

so what you have to do is mount a 2 wire motor on the drivers door and wire it back to the central locking modual that is already in your door, if you are unsure, take a pic and ill point it out to you.

wire the motor to the 2 wires, yelllow and white you found in the pasangers door. do this to the drivers door module I mentioned above.

Totallay agree with what you saying about not need a motor cause im doing it manually via either the key or handle,

But you tell me to mount a motor, why would i want to do this?

The only reason i can think of is you think im trying to do remote central locking, when in actual fact all i want is my central locking to work.

right?

can u think of any reason for my central locking not to work then, ive checked all the fuses and there all ok

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    well I though you wanted to add a remote system to it, if you do then you need to add the actuator

if you central locking doesnt work, start by checking the fuse for central locking,
    get a test light and test for power at the cenrtal locking unit,

then you may have to manually bridge the wires at that 3 pin connector to simulate the switch, then test the switch

a faulty switch will make the central locking apear dead, if your switch is rooted, then add an after makeket 5 wire actuator, wire up the switch and the motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Breeze
    hey guys
    same problem, trying to install an alarm system, everythings ready on the alarm part, but the central locking side, dont know which wires to hook into and dont know if i still need to install actuators/motor.
    opened the door trim on driver's ..heaps of blue and black wires..couldnt find the up,down & common line...pretty confused now..help please
    model 00' EK1 GLI

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by patchwick View Post
    hey guys
    same problem, trying to install an alarm system, everythings ready on the alarm part, but the central locking side, dont know which wires to hook into and dont know if i still need to install actuators/motor.
    opened the door trim on driver's ..heaps of blue and black wires..couldnt find the up,down & common line...pretty confused now..help please
    model 00' EK1 GLI
    Might be of some help:
    http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/alb...206/?g2_page=4
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Breeze
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    tnx dude.. ill try to study it

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    the central locking on my EK GLi is a little haywire. it doesnt always open and in some instances sets my alarm off, you guys reckon take it too somewhere like doran pro audio before ripping it apart?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1
    i got a question for the cxi installation of the central locking... where did you get power for the central locking? where abouts? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    When I bought my EK I thought I needed a kit, turns out the window tinters forgot to reconnect the plugs (thats the excuse they gave me anyways), no idea why they'd have to pull 'em though, cost me nothing and didn't have to do a thing besides ask why they weren't working :shrugs:

Reviving this old thread

ANSWER:

Couldn't find a simple answer to this problem and after a lot of research and confusion I finally worked out how to make my civic have remote central locking.
    Car is a 1998 EK Civic hatch GLI - Factory fitted central locking (both doors open using key), + electric windows if that makes any difference.

* This method only requires a remote central locking control unit (including remotes) no other actuators or parts needed. Very simple 4 wire process:

1. Take off drivers door trim

2. Locate door actuator plug which is grey and has 5 wires(bottom right of door):
    - black
    - white/red stripe
    - yellow/red stripe
    - blue/white stripe
    - blue/red stripe

We are going to be using both; blue/white stripe , blue/red stripe which are the signal wires.

3. Locate factory central locking unit control box (sits in a pocket inside left hand side of door):

This unit has many wires coming out of it. All you need to find is
    -black (ground)
    -white/green stripe (constant power)

Remember to check with test light

The remote central locking kit I purchased came with actuators and was for a 4 door car. Not to over complicate things, it was also double master control which basically meant it was designed having 4 wires attached to the front door actuators and 2 wires on the rear actuators. It may be different in your case depending on the kit you purchase.
    In my case, I cut off the actuators which left me with just the control unit. I had RED (constant 12v), BLACK, GREEN (signal), BLUE(signal), BROWN and WHITE (both signal for master front doors which are not needed). The green and blue wires are what i used.

4. Connect wires!

[Aftermarket kit > factory wires]

RED + > WHITE/GREEN + constant power
    BLACK - > BLACK - negative ground

GREEN > BLUE/RED signal
    BLUE > BLUE/WHITE signal

5. I mounted the control box next to the actuator plug with zip ties and double sided tape. Be careful it clears the window and door trim!

Obliviously every kit will be different, just connect the actuator signal wires from your aftermarket locking unit to the factory wires i have pointed out.

After testing you should have both drivers and passenger side doors opening and closing, all without touching an actuator or relay Hope this helps

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic Coupe
    This is great. Thx for the info lqw01, I am planning to buy a keyless entry kit for my Civic Coupe.