Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si

Kappa1st's Sweatshop: Installing EG Sedan Access Visor Kits

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To install EG Sedan Access Visor Kits (JDM Visor kits with clips, not stick-on style). NOTE: this the visor style with the clips ALREADY attached to the plastic visor

Required: One flat bladed screw driver, decent lighting, flat bladed scraper (see pics) + elbow grease

Steps:

1.) Here is the door frame prior to commencement. Wind your windows down before starting to give you access to the door rubbers.

2.) Start by inserting a flat blade screwdriver inbetween the door seal and rubber. Wiggle as necessary until you see the door metal behind the rubber. Grab the rubber seal with your fingers and pry the rubber away from the door frame.

3.) Pull the rubber until you approach the mirror but remember to STOP at the point marked in yellow so you don't pull the rubber off completely

4.) At the top of the door frame, also stop at the point marked in yellow

5.) Also pry away the rubber from the side of the door frame near the upper corner. Remember to also stop pulling the rubber at the point marked in yellow

6.) Insert the side clip (attached to visor) into the door frame behind the rubber and push back the rubber to cover this clip.

7.) Now concentrate on the top clips. Insert all of them into the metal rim of the door frame. So insert bottom of clips (red) into the door frame section (yellow)

8.) Push each of the clips into the door frame, using the screwdriver, until the clip section (marked in yellow) audibly ‘clicks’ into the door frame

9.) Each clip should look as such when properly ‘clicked’ in. Note that most of the clip body (marked in red) must be touching the door frame, not just the ‘clicked’ section (marked in yellow)

10.) Proceed to replace your rubbers by pushing in with your fingers. I found that fingers were more useful as you could ‘feel’ if the rubber had fitted back in the door frame properly. Push the section of rubber (marked in yellow) back into the section of the door frame (marked in red)

11.) As a finishing touch, use a thin scraper (or blade) to make sure the exterior rubber on the window visor is straight and hasn’t bunched up.

12.) Finished!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    good work dude

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    good work dude
    Thanks man. As a side note, the job took about 15 minutes per door, very quick and easy after the first door was done and the technique was obtained.

-Kappa

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    picture of finished/final product?
    awesome post though
    CXi POWER

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. There is a small pic at the end with the final product but i'll get a better shot up of the whole car soon.

-Kappa

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Nice work. Just what i needed to do my own visor install. Thank you! Also Thanks EG5 for supply the visor and point me to this DIY.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrufus
    picture of finished/final product?
    awesome post though
    i would like to see this as wellz

very informative and great use of colours. awesome stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    dude i love you! hahaha i got these and have no idea on how to put em on
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    bump! gonna need these tmrw! muahahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    94 integra VTiR on bags
    hey mate i bought some for my dc2 and there are 2 small clips and 2 big clips that need to be screwed onto the visor and i cant figure out how they go??? any ideas???

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 / EVO TME 6.5
    shud be the same for ek too rite?