Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    don't think the exhasut would melt the pipe, won't get as hot as the headers.

Good write up.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Isn't that sway bar upside down.....??????
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    i second that!...........looks like u put it wrong......
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Thirded.

This is the same kit mounted on my DA9. No exhaust troubles here (albeit small exhaust in pic )

I swear they were trying to confuse me as they stuck the Whiteline sticker upside-down on the swaybar, but correctly on the tie-bar (though, I guess you couldn't do it wrongly on the tie-bar).

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Any feedback from orginal guy?
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 EG Vti w/ B18c2
    Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but I just thought I'd update it. I was having the same problem (as i'm sure a lot of people are), and I managed to fix it today with a different method to the one described by OP. My swaybar is a whiteline 22mm one, and my exhaust is a genuine Jasma approved Kakimoto exhaust I imported from Japan, for those who are interested.

Here is where the issue was:

What I did to fix the rattle on my EG was as follows:

Step 1

Jack the car up/put it on stands and undo the two bolts to the rear exhaust section as seen here:

Step 2

Take the section off the hangers. This can be a total bastard to do, but if you use a bit of liquid soap it helps the hooks slide off. So you should now have this:

Step 3

Use exhaust heat wrap like this:

and wrap around the exhaust at the point of contact with the swaybar. Use cable ties to secure the wrap (or hose clamps if you have them handy):

Step 4

Do the same to the area of the swaybar that the exhaust is hitting (don't have any pics, sorry).

Step 5

Reinstall and enjoy your new non-rattling exhaust.

Hope this helps guys! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

price and where did u get the heat wrap from?
    supercheap/repco?

will those cable ties last in those heat conditions?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 EG Vti w/ B18c2
    Yeah got the tape from Repco. I think it was about $40. Bit of a rip off when you compare to the stuff you can buy on ebay, but I couldn't be stuffed waiting.

With regards to the cable ties, the heat wrap is supposed to keep heat in, so you should be able to put your hand on the heat wrap and not burn yourself. I'm pretty confident with the couple of layers of wrap that is on there it won't be a problem. When I initially got under my car to take the muffler section off, I could touch the exhaust with my bare hand and it wasn't like "OMG LAVA!!@!" so it should be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hmmm,I may have to do something like this.I'll wait till I get the coilovers installed and see how it is then.