Thread: Simota CAI

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1

Simota CAI

Hello just a quick question about CAI for a 1996 honda civic hatch.
    Currently i have just a K&N panal filter in the standard filter box.

I was considering buying a Simota CAI as shown in this thread ( http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=simota )

I was just wondering if anyone has bought and installed one of these what they thought of them. As i thought they might suck in more water and dirt, is this true?

What would be a better solution as i rather a pod then a panal filter.

Thanks for your help

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    Id stick with the K&N Panel.

Then the 'U' pipe that connects to the resonator, cut in half. Wallah! you have your self a CAI. Only reason to go Pod is if you like induction noise. brrrrBAAAPPPPPP
    OG 03' Member #429

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    well that one goes down to ur front bumper. if thats what you wanted, other cai kits stay in the engine bay. in regards to sucking more dirt water etc. that all depends on what pod you have, personally i'd replace the pod. how do u like ur k&n atm?
    whats an internet?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    The K&N panal filter is good atm, but as kyle said i would like some induction noise. And i was also considering changing the pod to K&N but i thought it would still get too dirty and water in it.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    the pro in cai is that it sucks colder air. the con is its more vulnurable to water.
    with sri ; pro ; hidden in ur engine bay. con = ur getting engine heat pretty much.
    but with cai if you've got ur guards rolled poperly and its not like your planning on submerging your pod u should be fine.
    i personally would prefer a sri & heat shield. or the stock box with filter.
    whats an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by marte
    i personally would prefer a sri & heat shield. or the stock box with filter
    same here. Either have heat shield around ur filter or extractor the heat source itself

I've got a SRI pod int he engine bay, then a DIY CAI pipe from the front bumper. But I'm positioned the pipe so that any large amts of water that goes in should just dribble straight back out. Get a pod man. Panels sound stock and it sucks.