Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AUS DC5R v JDM DC5R

I considering getting an Aus DC5R but i want to convert it to japanese spec. What I would like to know is what did honda do to the Aus DC5R to reduce the compression/power?

This questions for Toda or anyone else who has an idea... If I was to use the k20a toda engine kit on an Aus spec DC5R would this end up producing the same amount of power as if I were to use the same kit on the JDM k20a?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I dont know much, but I think you'd also need Japanese-quality fuel to achieve those specs? 100RON..

yeah i knew fuel was different but i didnt think that was the main reason for the lower compression... correct me if im wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5
    I own a JDM DC5, using local fuel, I have no problem with that, As in Hong Kong and other Asian countries, they all getting JDM DC5, and they don't have 100 ron fuel there too, so what's the problem??

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    LOL....hey Steven

yes, as whtdc2 said...this poor fuel quality is all BS

it's not just the power difference between the jdm and australian dc5r...
    the suspension and brakes are all different...

you'll be spending more than just trying to find a JDM DC5R in the first place if you want to convert an australian DC5R

hey, yeah i knew about the brakes they are easy to get and id most likely change the sus to tein coilovers. I didnt know about fuel ppl keep going on and on about the octaine and all, but i still would like to know if i should change the engine to the jdm k20a as i'd be using a toda engine kit and i dont know if power out puts would be the same on the aus and jdm k20a after using the kit??

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Go buy a Mugen N1 K20a - cheaper than a JDM k20a in Australia

$7K if you want one....

There's about 40 differences between the AUDM and JDM models...... very different cars - and I have had the JDM DC5R race car sid by side with a local DC5R, and its like chalk and cheese..... everything is difference...

You can buy "track ready" DC5 ITRs in japan - ie - no stereo, etc....

well my purchasing of the dc5r is abit of a way off. By track ready you mean cannot be registered in aus? Ive never heard of the mugen n1 k20a engine... any links or specific details?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki
    well my purchasing of the dc5r is abit of a way off. By track ready you mean cannot be registered in aus? Ive never heard of the mugen n1 k20a engine... any links or specific details?

Thanks
    ?????No JDM DC5Rs are available in australia, let alone registerable...they would be road legal, but they aren't offered here

Mugen make a customer engine for race purposes - Just a hand build, polished and ported K20a from Mugen for teir customers - makes slightly more power than normal engine

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    By the Aus Spec DC5, Order all the Toda Bolt ones and tune your car, and you will be more than happy with it. Power is only a limit to your Pocket.

Regards James

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    well if someone can send me some info, i can complete my JDM DC5 vs AUDM DC5 page on my website.
    atm i have the DC2R vs JDM version and the EK4 vs the EK9.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    dc5 type R in australia = dc5 type S in japan