Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

tachometer mounting

hey guys, im thinking about gettin a tachometer for my honda civic cxi, as they don't come with one stock, i was thinking about mounting it on the dash board right in front of the stock temperature gauge, but there won't enough room for it.. i was thinking about gettin one at the size of at least 3". Any suggestions of where else i can put it which looks nice and won't be to exposed as it is just a tachometer, is there anyone else here with a ek civic who has put a tachometer in their car and could kindly post up some pix.. thanks all.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I have seen everything from planting on top of the dash (above the main centre vents), to being placed inside the drivers side air vent.

Take note that with some road authorities, it is illegal to obstruct the view of your instrument cluster.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by honda_ek4
    hey guys, im thinking about gettin a tachometer for my honda civic cxi, as they don't come with one stock, i was thinking about mounting it on the dash board right in front of the stock temperature gauge, but there won't enough room for it.. i was thinking about gettin one at the size of at least 3". Any suggestions of where else i can put it which looks nice and won't be to exposed as it is just a tachometer, is there anyone else here with a ek civic who has put a tachometer in their car and could kindly post up some pix.. thanks all.
    best to get the tacho first so you get an idea of the dimensions you're working with. 5" tacho is probably too big to me mounted somewhere that won't attract attention. I bought a 3" tacho with shift indicator and mounted it just infront of the temp gauge. it just clears the washer stalk when the steering wheel is at its highest adjustment.

will post a pic when i get a chance.

thnx alot djanowaddameen?

Quote Originally Posted by honda_ek4
    thnx alot djanowaddameen?
    what other mods you intending for your car? short shifter? suspension?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '89 CRX
    i refer to the above post, go and talk to your local transport auth. Most states have rules in regards to mounting gauges due to injury from accidents having had people hit their heads on them. Having said that, in qld you are able to place a gauge in front of the instrument cluster if it is only obstructing a clock, in front of temp gauge is not permitted.

RC

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i guess you could get a ek4/ek9 dash and that would solve your problem with that nice stock look.

suspension next

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    im gonna hook up my 5" monster this weekend, to the A-Piller, it will pretty much be the same as an ek, if u like i can get pics of every step for ya

yeh pix would be good.. thanx alot!
    Last edited by honda_ek4; 16-05-2006 at 08:20 PM.

marte

post pics if u can, thx

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    should be uploaded by sat night