Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(

Yes finally by request - DA9 DC side skirts thread.

By Request the infamous DA Integra side skirt thread, ok as many people may not know these are the details of what skirts are needed from what car and also very brief details on how to make them fit, the first one being the 94-98 DC2/DC4 OEM Skirts which are the easiest to fit since they share the same length on the sills as DA9s, these can be found at almost any Honda wrecker for a reasonable price but be ware that if you're paying more than $80 for the pair you're getting ripped off!.....
    I have added photos on how to do this but please note that these photos were not taken by me and I also don’t take any credit for them, also note that the source of this photos is unknown since I got them of another forum about a year ago.

To start of with you have to remove the clips along the inner side of the skirt/s, this allows the side skirts to sit flush with the sills on your car.

The next step is to sand them or grind them down with a Demel thus leaving a smooth contour on the inner side of the skirt/s. The described section has been circled in purple.

Once that has been done you should end up having something as in the photo below.

This next step can be done in two ways, one: you can have the top part of the skirt/s go into the gap between the door and door sill which will then require more trimming to be done, this involves trimming off enough material from the top part of the sill to make clearance for the guards as on the image below.

And two: is that you cut off the top part that would normally reside into the gap between the door and door sill and just have that sitting flush with the door sill just a bit lower so that you make way for the doors to open. This is by far the easiest but more time consuming option to take and also requires that you cu the top part of the skirts dead straight, just to make sure they sit extremely flush with the sill/s.

Once you have decided on which way to go the rest is very apparent but for those that are doing this for the very first time you have to screw both ends of the skirts, one on the inside of the front guards but note that the mud flaps must be removed if still attached since this is where you will be screwing the skirts, and the second spot being on the rear wheel arches, you will see what I mean once you have trial fitted them on after doing all the trimming and cutting.

The end result:

Please note that I will be puting together a simillar thread for the EK sideskirts.

Cheers!

Alex
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    also alex...DC2 side skirts fit on our cars too..just need to trim it a little for the bit where it fit inside the door at the front
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    i think he said dc2/4 didnt he??

IMO i rekon the ek side skirts look by far the best, but if you do it, get the ones off a coupe or hatch cos i got the ones off a sedan by mistake and they dont look as good cos they dont have much of a flare to em, but meh they look cool either way!!

Any chance we can get some more pikkys? I am looking at replacing the fibreglass ones i have, i think its a jetspeed kit, so am looking for any ideas, LO_n_SXC you are a Legend! (A Honda Legend!) hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    yay for LOW_N_SXC! so can only dc2/4 and ek side skirts be used? or are there others that can be modded to fit?

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    EK

Member Array
    Car:
    Hey Fr33k would you mind making a thread for the EK civic ones???? you have better pics and I'm getting sore fingers from typing!!!!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    I have to work at work...

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by FR33K
    I have to work at work...
    Yer ha ha ha lol so do I but it dont take that long, I'm pretty busy my self but I work infront of the pc all day as it is, like this thread I typed it up yesterday bit by bit and I posted up this morrning!

Back on topic

It looks like I will have to yet again make another thread on how to fit the Ek skirts, so stay tuned in y0
    ダットサン, Dattosan!

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    ill just post more pics.. thats easier

^^^^ Clean ride FR33K lovin it heaps man! ^^^^

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    lol thanks... but you wouldnt wanna see it now........