Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(

By request - DA9 EK side skirts thread.

OK another one by demand since I ain’t that busy now days, dam freaking corporate take over! I have decided to create a series of thread to help out those "Oh how did you fit on that lip?" "ooooooohhhhh where did you get those side skirts from?” and hopefully eliminate them in the process! LoL what this thread will cover is basic and very brief tips and comments on how to go about doing this, if anything ain’t clear or need more info on please discuss on here but please stay on topic, the other thread became a Accord lip thread at the end so please stay on the given topic since I want to keep them as a generic, this way when you need help or need to do a search for more info it becomes easier to do so by keeping the topics on target. An example of this would be if you after information on how to fit the Ek skirts on your DA ONLY then you can come to this thread.

Another thing I should also like to mention is that I will be doing a full DIY thread in the DIY section on OH to give you step by step details, sorry I cant do this for the DC side skirts but I have no better photos on how to do them but would generally be the same as the EK sides.

Now to get into the business side of things what you need to know is that you require both side skirts from any EK Civic! Don’t matter if the sedan sides are longer than the coupe by three inches since you will be cutting them down to size for them to fit your DA, EK Civics range (don’t quote me on this one) between 1996-2000 so any civic between these years the skirts shall fit.

Ok you will definitely notice that the EK sides are about a good two to three inches longer than the sills on your DA, no problem there since you will be trimming this down to size and there is two ways to do this with the first being the easiest but not aesthetically better than option two but that is really up to you, this involves cutting the front of the side skirts to lined up with the wheel arches, the problem with this is that you end up with a gap up front right behind your front wheels thus letting dirt, water and other road particles to go into the skirt/s by far the easiest to way to install but like mentioned before its up to you.

Option two (which is what I did on mine) is to cut the front of the skirts at the door line where the front of the door meets the front guard/s and make a second cut 3” to the front of the skirt then that will bring the front section back so that it can fit flush against the inside of the guard and the gap between the two sections can be either moulded with some bumper repair kit (ABS plastic) or can be plastic welded.

Now that we have that out of the way the rest of the install is relatively easy and only takes a few mins of your devoted dedication and patience to trim off the bits that aren’t needed to make it all happen and trust me patience is your best friend right after all the trimming and cutting the rest is easy with just a few self tapping screws needed to hold the skirts into place underneath the door sill/s and two or three on the inside of the rear wheel arches.

End Product:

Like mentioned before this are just very brief details to take away any speculations on how these are fitted but as I mentioned before I will be making new thread/s in the DIY area in OH to give full blown details on how to do this, so I guess stay tuned!

PS: Fr33k sorry but I had to use your pic for graphical information, hope you don’t mind?????

Cheers!

Alex.
    Last edited by LO_N_SXC; 05-06-2006 at 11:17 AM.
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '92 LS Integra
    very good work mate! will hopefully use the tips soon! you rock!

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    hey alex...as i recall, dc2 have a side skirt similar to urs...and its the same length, the only place u'll have to cut is the bit that goes in the door...and the size of the front quater panel is different.......coz it would be a lot easier...without that gap as well...
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon DA9R
    hey alex...as i recall, dc2 have a side skirt similar to urs...and its the same length, the only place u'll have to cut is the bit that goes in the door...and the size of the front quater panel is different.......coz it would be a lot easier...without that gap as well...
    ^^^^ Yep and that has been covered in the other thread I posted
    ダットサン, Dattosan!

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    i have a question, wiht the self tapping screws, did u screw them into the chasis or something? i looked under my car and i found no screw places or anything that i can screw it into, is it safe to screw them in just under the car? or have u got something else under there which i dont?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ^^^^ Nope I got nothing extra underneath, they just go straight into the chassy, sle ftapping screws are tensile and have an anodic coating meaning that they wont rust and are very strong to tap into the chassy, which in this case is the sill.
    ダットサン, Dattosan!

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    wicked

thanks man, after i buy cam gears, retainers, headers, safc and the cost of the install for all them, im gonna buy ek side skirts

Hey Alex sorry to go off topic on your Dc skirt thread man i'll delete my posts on there if you like just so its just on the subject of Dc skirts i know you put effort into making these useful theads just let me know and i'll delete em..
    Oh and BTW thanks for this DIY will have to try this as soon as i can get my hands on some EK skirts thanks again man!

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy_Integra
    Hey Alex sorry to go off topic on your Dc skirt thread man i'll delete my posts on there if you like just so its just on the subject of Dc skirts i know you put effort into making these useful theads just let me know and i'll delete em..
    Oh and BTW thanks for this DIY will have to try this as soon as i can get my hands on some EK skirts thanks again man!
    Nah man its all good, I meant that in the nicest way possible since this is for your benefit and for other members so yeah just stay tuned in the DIY section for the complete how to on these.....

Alex
    ダットサン, Dattosan!

^^^ Cheers man.. Legend!

Member Array
    Car:
    ^^^^ Its all good y0
    ダットサン, Dattosan!

Oh BTW Alex with this EK skirt DIY.. If i was to do the first option (the easiest lol) umm to stop dirt and stuff getting into the skirt itself i was thinking of keeping the front mudflaps on to block em up.. do you rekon it'd look alright?