Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney

[Euro] Reverse sensors - DIY installation help

I bought a reverse sensor kit on eBay for ~$60 with an LCD and 4 sensors, rather than getting ripped ~$500(?) by the dealer

Question 1: Those with reverse sensors on their Euro, could you please take a close up pic of their locations?

Question 2: How do I remove the rear bumper?
    (If I actually need to remove it)

Question 3: Where can I route the wires from the bumper, into the rear trunk? Is there an existing hole there already (for the factory tow bar maybe)?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Question 2 is definately on the workshop CD

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    lmfao, save yourself the hassle and get someone that knows what they are doin to install it.
    i've seen wrecked DIY jobs before
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Remembered this pick of Peekay34's beauty recently posted. Eurodude - can you post up how you find this kit once installed. $60 is very cheap indeed and I wouldn't mind doing similar if the quality is good.

Last edited by yfin; 16-06-2006 at 08:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    I have the 4 OEM reverse sensors and they're positioned exactly as above. The first two in the middle and the lateral two on the curvaceous bit.

I also recommend a professional install. Maybe not at the dealer where you'd pay a heck of a lot for it though. Bumpers are expensive to fix if you stuff up.

Last edited by tanalasta; 16-06-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Nice pic! thats perfect, thanks.

Yeah the workshop manual should have the bumper removal instructions, and come to think of it, may also have the hole location for the towbar wires.

Panda, installing sensors dont scare me - im quite experienced with this kind of stuff, including two complete car audio systems

[edit] found a good guide to follow , so its all good.
    http://reverse-parking-sensors.co.uk...all-zafira.asp
    Last edited by EuroDude; 16-06-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux 5AT AB
    Yfin: Be really careful about the shape and profile of the sensor heads - the wrong type will stick out like four sore thumbs on the back of your car. If I were you, I wouldn't buy them sight unseen.

Fortunately, the 'OEM' sensors blend in quite well IMO with arctic blue Euros.

For anyone who's interested, the ones in the pictures posted in this thread so far look to be Parksafe systems marketed by Burg Designs. Looks like they've had a huge price drop. The same kits are supplied as OEM to Honda (as well as other manufacturers).

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Eurodude - can you post up how you find this kit once installed. $60 is very cheap indeed and I wouldn't mind doing similar if the quality is good.
    Will do. Yeah $60 is not bad at all brand new, ive seen them around for like $300+ (for the LCD style ones).

I hooked it up to a 12v power supply and tested the sensors, and they work quite well. The beeper is a bit loud though, I may cover the speaker hole with a sticker or blue-tac to muffle the volume, or just switch off the speaker.

In the pic, the LCD image looks lame (too bright and blurry), but in reality it looks fine.

Last edited by EuroDude; 16-06-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    er.. what is the LCD telling you?
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Its telling me "cockroach detected 1.3m away"

na the left bit shows a car and an obstacle on the passenger side, and the meters on the right

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    that is prety cool how it shows distance.

I presume these sensors need to be painted - i guess factoring in paint and a pro install it will still cost me many hundreds.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    They come in "common" colours in which you hope will match your cars paint, otherwise yes you can paint them.

My Euro is black so the black sensors I got will do just fine
    (I knew there was an advantage getting a black car! lol...)