Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D16Y4 power

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi

D16Y4 power

wanting to make a little more power out of my D16Y4 without being too extreme
    ive been thinking about having the cam reground and some mild headwork done
    are there any drawbacks form having this done or any suggestions about how far too go or wat to have done?
    the car is also fitted with a set of XForce 4-2-1 headers and a 2.25" catback
    CXi POWER

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    if u want a "little" more power.
    just get intake/headers/exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    i was planning on doing something like this... but its hard to get a place to do the regrind... plus get head done and put back together... the amount of money you spend might not be worth it....?

find out what places offer what you need and find out how much it will all cost, then decide from there...

would always be different and cool! go the y4!!
    FFamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I work at Honda.
    Its not hard to find a place to do a regrind. Any engine building place will either be able to do it, or get it done for you, and its generally not too expensive, unless you get it ground to the point where you need to change valve springs, ecu, etc. The head work is what will empty your wallet

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    Just attach that nos kit dawg!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    power?
    from d16y4?
    turbo kit is best option imo

Member Array
    Ka-boom in the wrong hands and untuned!! The regrind is about $300USD shipped and new cam would be about $300-500USD depending on brand and stage.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    did you notice any power increase when you put the x-force 4-2-1 header and the catback???

Member Array
    a free mod would be to lighten the car...
    not power increase but power to weight ratio is improved

best mods overall would be a lightened flywheel+ HD clutch combo , plus 14 or 15 inch light wheels...and general weight reduction.
    On a D series - most headers do NOTHING except increase noise. At a most , they will pull the torque band down abit (mentally) and give the car abit more mid range poke

Member Array
    Car:
    ekayfour
    dont forget the mini-me, i was desperate for more power out of my old EK1, and mini-me seemed one of the best options out there. and then if you still have money combine that with the mods bennjamin suggested, should give you quite a noticable difference. if you were going to get some head work on the y4 head, might as well source a second hand y8 head and ecu and give urself some bolt on power.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by aStRooo
    if you were going to get some head work on the y4 head, might as well source a second hand y8 head and ecu and give urself some bolt on power.
    a re-ground stock cam is useless - you might as well just handover your cash to me. if you going to bother messsing around with this engine in order:

1. VTEC headswap
    2. aftermarket ECU
    3. LPT kit

otherwise, you got no chance of keeping up even witha stock B16A so why bother ?