Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL

EK9 cluster replacement speedo

I have been looking at getting a EK9 cluster, but the speedo only goes to 180km/h. Does anyone know if there are companies out there that make a replacement speedo? I want something that goes to 230km/h+

I remember seeing Japanese company before that made them, but I cant remember their name or website. I know mugen & spoon do/did them, but they charge a arm & a leg for their ones.

edit** Alternativly if anyone knows of a company that makes a replacement tacho that revs up to 9+ for a AUDM EK4 cluster that would work too.
    Last edited by ekslut; 23-06-2006 at 10:33 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    just out of interest, do you even have time to look at your speedo travelling at that speed
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    yeah, the straight at phillip island is fairly long, so you have a bit of time to relax. But you take the fist corner fairly fast too, about 180km/h.

I had the same problem with my JDM EG. 180kh is definately not enough for PI. I just swapped the speedo section from an AUDM cluster and replaced the JDM speedo and it works fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    get an RSM? would that work? you wont be travelling above 180 that much anyways except on the straight. i think some1 is selling RSM for 200 bux on trader section.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    yeah thought about that, but dont really want one. I would like to keep simple and keep it all in the one cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer
    I had the same problem with my JDM EG. 180kh is definately not enough for PI. I just swapped the speedo section from an AUDM cluster and replaced the JDM speedo and it works fine.
    This is my last option. Not a huge fan on buying 2 clusters though, but if it needs to be done.....

You can get either a Spoon (rare) or mugen cluster. Both go to 240+km's but expect to pay some $$$

I know mugen make replacement speedo bits for dc2r's that go to high km's

http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yah...pspmuclva.html pics

also try looking in the hyper rev book for civic's you will find something there more than likely
    Last edited by Kawasaki; 23-06-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I dont have to get a EK9 cluster I could get a DC2 too. Its going to be fitted into a ED6 civic so either one will do.

I found another company - K's meter works - http://www.ks-sp.co.jp/

They are a bit cheaper than mugen or spoon but still expencive.

Member Array
    Car:
    ekayfour
    i had a RSM hooked up next to my EK9 cluster. if u really want 180+kmph then i reckon RSM would still be cheaper than sourcing spoon/mugen or replacing it with a AUDM speedo.