Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[Euro]JDM rocker cover

Hey, to those who are thinking of changing the rocker cover to JDM dc5 R's rocker cover and also oil dip stick and spark plug cover, I have just fitted mine yesterday and I found out that first of all, the dc5 dip stick is about an inch or inch and a half shorter than our oem one, secondly the dc5 R rocker cover does not have the two connecting points for the air intake sensor wire (on the passengers side) as our oem rocker cover. Please remember, when you are tighting the rocker cover bolts, please be patient not to tight it too hard. I found that the rocker cover bolts are not very strong as I was tightening them slowly and softly I myself snapped one of the bolts and gotta order one bolt from honda which costed me about 16-18 bucks. I used the oem seal which came with the oem rocker cover and it works fine. well thats it. ill post a pic later when I get my oil cap and rad cap.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    sounds good mate
    yeah, ive heard about the DC5R rocker cover not being a perfect fit for our euro, albeit a 99% fitment is good enuff for most
    pple in A-ZINE/TSXCLUB have had the same problem and are looking for the actual euro R rocker cover.
    its a bit silly though, i mean both engines are K series so the rocker should fit, just like the B series motors.
    Anyways, be sure to post pics and if possible, a DIY article.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Do u have any pix of this cover?

Team YCD Geek Array
    Car:
    K24A Dim Sum Trolley
    Thanks for the info have read about this on other forums.

Look forward to your pics.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I have done the same but I got the local Honda dealer to fit it for me....which he did not charge me for.

Last edited by Peekay34; 06-07-2006 at 06:50 PM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

nice engine bay peekay, so what method do you use to stick the air intake sensor wire? or do you just leave it not conected to the rocker cover at all? ill post my engine bay pic up soon (waiting for oil cap and rad cap).

Team YCD Geek Array
    Car:
    K24A Dim Sum Trolley
    These shots might help those asking whats missing.

The bracket in yellow circle, the DC5 red cover doesn't have a hole for you to put the screw to hold the mount for intake sensor wire. Pics from another site not mine

I have not done this mode yet but it looks from Peekay's shot that the intake wire is just sitting there without the mounting points.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    I reckon this Mugen item looks pretty hot:

yeah if you dont mind paying $300+ for that lol..its even more expensive than the rocker cover itself

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    haha yep it's expensive alright. Reminds me of the Mugen airbox. Wonder if it's actually CF.

Member Array
    Car:
    Wish i had a Honda
    does anyone know where to get one of those mugen things???
    for a euro....
    Last edited by euro69; 09-07-2006 at 11:45 AM.
    WHAT IS A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by euro69
    does anyone know where to get one of those mugen things???
    for a euro....
    http://www.kingmotorsports.com