Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux

[Euro] D2 coilover fitted

I just fitted D2 coilover yesterday. I noticed the big difference on the handling and with D2 you can get very low.
    [+] The improvement of the handling especially when turning or cornering.
    [-] It feels a bumpy compare to stock suspension especially when sitting on the back seat.

This is the lowest i can get when i still use king spring and with D2 yu still can get lower around 5 cm, can be more cause i haven't tried the lowest setting with D2.

Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What are the spring rates and what damper setting are you using at the moment? I just upgraded my rear sway bar, and seriously, the rear sway gives the Euro a go-kart like handling. I was surprised as I got only the 18mm one instead of the 22mm and it was this good already.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    What are the spring rates and what damper setting are you using at the moment? I just upgraded my rear sway bar, and seriously, the rear sway gives the Euro a go-kart like handling. I was surprised as I got only the 18mm one instead of the 22mm and it was this good already.
    I have to check what the spring rate is and i use the softest setting for the damper setting. Are you using whiteline swaybar? Which mm is the good one?
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    lol go the air time

Any pics of the swaybar?
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Atjo
    I have to check what the spring rate is and i use the softest setting for the damper setting. Are you using whiteline swaybar? Which mm is the good one?
    Yup, it was the whiteline. The whiteline is 18mm, while Comptech is 22mm. Stock is 14mm. There is no good one, depends on your driving style. If you drive a lot on highways, either stock or 18mm. If you only drive in the city or areas where there are a lot of turnings, then 18mm or 22mm. The reason is the steering wheel will become more sensitive at the centre. So if you jiggle the steering wheel when driving, you actually cause the car the turn!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    lol go the air time

Any pics of the swaybar?
    Someone posted a pic of it before. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19893

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    that looks ++++++++++ good . Rims are pure lubed sex
    harder spring rates are always gonna give u a bit more of a bumpy ride.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Get the whiteline and make sure you order the $20 locking kit (stiffens the rear even more). The comptech uses rubber bushing and is more expensive due to shipping from overseas. The other thing is comparing bars just on thickness is tricky - grades of steel make a difference. Anyway,the polybushings on the Whiteline should be stiffer than the rubber - giving better response - so I would not expect much difference between the two even if they are different sizes.

ps - nice work atjo! I see your rims are for sale - what are your future rims going to be?
    Last edited by yfin; 10-07-2006 at 01:18 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Get the whiteline and make sure you order the $20 locking kit (stiffens the rear even more). The comptech uses rubber bushing and is more expensive due to shipping from overseas. The other thing is comparing bars just on thickness is tricky - grades of steel make a difference. Anyway,the polybushings on the Whiteline should be stiffer than the rubber - giving better response - so I would not expect much difference between the two even if they are different sizes.
    I heard that the comptechs now come with proper bushings... but not sure as I still see people on the TSX forums buying the comptech and then adding Energy suspension bushings.

But yeah, I reckon the rear sway bar upgrade is one of the best bang for your bucks mod.

Re the locking kit, make your own. Go to Bunnings, get the clear hose, 60mm for $2, get 2 holse clamps, $2 each as well and you're all set. Cut the hose into 2, split it down and trim to fit the diameter. I did that with mine, all good and cheap.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    erm... excuse the n00ness, whats a locking kit?
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Yep, you can definately make your own. I just couldn't be bothered for $20.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    erm... excuse the n00ness, whats a locking kit?
    here ya go

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...light=lock+kit

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin

I think I understand... so it stops excess sway movement. But wouldnt greasing it make it weaker?
    .© ♪