Thread: EK Door Trim

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1

EK Door Trim

hello all, ive got the day off work tomorrow, so i thought id play around with my car. I wanted to sound deaden the doors, but i had a quick look at it earlier and i couldnt find a way to get the doors off.

Can anyone help with this??

car is a 1996 Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by EKCivic96; 20-07-2006 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Started posting, then got kicked off due to server move/upgrade

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic GLi (Turbo)
    If it is the same as my 97 Civic sedan, there will be 1 screw in the door open lever, pop the speaker grille off and undo the screws in there...Can't remember the others, it's been a while since I took mine off. Generally, if you can't pull it off with a gentle tug, there is a screw or a clip.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    It is similar to the sedan.

Firstly, as stated remove the speaker grille (it should just push off). There are three screws to remove (dont do the wrong ones as you will just undo the speaker).

From there you will need to remove another couple of screws. There should be one screw in the plastic armrest pocket. The second screw can be found by openning the interior door handle (it is sort of behind it).

Next you will have to take off the surround that sits around the inner door handle. You need to hold the door handle open and twist the plastic piece around (does that make sense?).

The only thing that should be holding the panel in now is approx. 5 or 6 clips. I have found the best way to get them off is to work slowly. Start in one corner and work along the bottom pushing each clip out (the clip is attached to the back of the panel and pushes into the door). Most of the clips are on the outter edges (I think there is only one that is more central).

All that is left to do is unplug the door speaker once you unclip the interior piece.

PM me if you have any questions about it. Once you take it off you will see that it is pretty straight forward.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    Cheers, thanks for the help

ill give it a go tomorrow and let you know how it goes

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    HELP!!!

I hope someone is awake

I cant get it off the door handel off, i forgot to mention its a CXi.....No power options, i cant get the manual window winder off?

Can anyone help

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    It would most probably have a 'C' shaped clip holding it on. From what i've heard there is a tool you can use to get it off but i'm not sure if you'll have access to it. An alternative would be to get some rags or fabric and slip between the window winder and door trim, wrap the fabric around so that it forms a 'c' and pull. It's a bit hard to describe but maybe someone can elaborate, keep in mind that it might take a little while since you have to find the right spot otherwise it won't pop out. When it does pop off be cautious as it can actually fly out and hit something or just disappear...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    sh!t
    Thanks mate ill try and do something with that

As Fr3aKi3 said can anyone please elaborate?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Take a look at the pic below (sorry about the poor quality... it was hand drawn and taken with a camera phone... lol)

Blue - where the winder handle connects to the door
    Red - Clip
    Black - fabric/rag

That should clear you up on it, you might be able to use a couple screw drivers instead of fabric but you get the idea now of how the clip is positioned.

edit: fixed up my engrish =/
    Last edited by Fr3aKi3; 21-07-2006 at 03:21 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    Sorry about the incompetance of this but i can find this C clip.

I have drew a photo of what i can see. (apologise for the bad image, and lack of detail)

Hope you can understand whats going on

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    W00t!!!!

I got it, sorry mate i didnt read your explination hard enough

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EKCivic96
    W00t!!!!

I got it, sorry mate i didnt read your explination hard enough

Thanks for the help everyone!!
    As Fr3aKi3 said, a rag works a treat .

Glad you got it off. Now just work slowly around the outside of the door removing the clips (dont force them as you may brake something). Plus PQ points to you Fr3aKi3.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.