Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

[Euro] Replacement battery suggestions

To cut a long story short, I am away for 12 months and my dad is looking after my car to keep it going with the odd trip around town. Now he has been away for a few months -with 5 weeks to go - and he left looking after my Euro to my sister (just starting it every week in the garage - not being driven).

Anyway, I just found out that the battery is dead on the car and it doesn't start. My dad says he will get it tested when he is back home but the battery may need to be replaced. Apparently, he said - some batteries once they are fully drained never hold a full charge again. (he is a retired motor mechanic so I'll take his word for it)

So looking for recommendations please on replacement batteries for the Euro. Something a bit stronger than the original would be good - might help that occassional slow start. Damn, now the engine is just going to sit there unstarted for 5 weeks.
    Last edited by yfin; 22-07-2006 at 08:59 PM.