Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast
    Hi guys, im been hearing a lot about cl9 replacement batteries but is there any good suggestions about CU2 replacements batteries?
    Does the cu2 has a bigger battery And whats the CCA on the CU2 ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Hello,

What is the recommended battery.

NS60LS or 55D23L? I can see two different batteries for the CL9 Euro (06 model).

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    My 03 is running a Century NS60LS, 430CCA - has been for the couple of years I've owned it and no problems with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    My 2003 is running a ALCO 55D23L.

550CCA, lol it's so large had to take the bottom tray out and use a different battery tie down.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I ended up buying Supercharge gold plus MF55B24LS

http://www.onlinebatteries.com.au/su...4ls-p-159.html

Quote Originally Posted by deadcatt View Post
    I just fitted a super charge MF75D23L in my 2004 Euro.

It was a tight fit. I used the plastic case my iPad cover came in as a ghetto battery cover (had to use aviation snips to cut it to the right size). Perfect fit!

The battery was $169 from Auto Barn.

Old and new battery

Tight fit!
    Well, my Supercharge Gold failed today - exactly (to the day!) 3 years since I bought it. Given that this is the last day of warranty, and I can't find my receipt - no replacement for me.

I've replaced it with an Exide from Super Cheap.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    I just replaced mine with a Supercharge Gold last week
    The old battery was an older supercharge and lasted 6 years!!
    IN NSW WE TRUST

As a battery industry insider and sorry to bump a old thread up, but by changing companies to exide, you've bought the same battery as your supercharge battery. Both companies are owned by ramcar (as well as Marshall Batteries) and they are all made in the same factory in the Philippines.

That being said though, they are good batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Precedence View Post
    As a battery industry insider and sorry to bump a old thread up, but by changing companies to exide, you've bought the same battery as your supercharge battery. Both companies are owned by ramcar (as well as Marshall Batteries) and they are all made in the same factory in the Philippines.

That being said though, they are good batteries.
    hey thx for the info.

what battery do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    hey thx for the info.

what battery do you use?
    Well the battery that will be going in my cl9 when I get it next weekend will be hopefully something special we have lying around in the warehouse from a project that didn't go ahead.

But if I am not allowed one of them, it will be most likely be a red top exide (can you guess who I work for now lol).

I will have to see if what I can fit in the spot as the thin 60 cases don't offer much in the way or cold crank or amp hours in the grand scheme of things.

Just though I would update with my findings.

The maximum size battery we can fit after battery tray removal is a 50 case size. To use as reference that would be a N50ZZMF from Exide's/Marshall's range of batteries. A safer bet would be a 55D23CMF/55D23L as the length isn't quite as tight.

The battery I ended up fitting was a Orbital from Exide/Marshall's Range and it's very snug, but worth it for the CCA.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    55d23L is too big.

I'm using above sizing and I had to take out the under tray and buy new battery strap down
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars