Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    So if I take off my stock snorkel, I'll be able to fit in a D34 bluetop battery!!
    Ive got an Optima D34 Yellow Top from my old car not being used, havent actually tried fitting it, so you think they'll fit??
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped
    Ive got an Optima D34 Yellow Top from my old car not being used, havent actually tried fitting it, so you think they'll fit??
    Try it out! Take out the stock battery and the plastic tray (plastic tray also supports the positive terminal cable, but I don't think you'll need the support. Put in a flat piece of plastic to spread the weight and then put the D34 in. Take pics too!

Best would be to have the 34R though (but that's the redtop, not in yellow).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ahh, now I realise why my height measurements are off. The specs include the terminal posts as well!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux.
    I have always used Exide batteries and never had a bad experience - have used Exide Orbital deep cycle batteries in my SPL/SQ excel with great success and they hold voltage really well but unless your giving your electrical system a real thrashing then $300 is better spent elsewhere....

Exide Evolution is their top line common retail battery and has nice capacity and freatures and the Premium line is designed to OEM standards and isn't too bad either if u just want to chuck another in - Looking at $125 & $89 repectivly at KMart... My parent's cars run one of the above batteries each and havn't had a problem...

You are better off getting the Exide Evolution IMHO for the extra $30!! Just make sure the posts are around the right way

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Optimas are more expensive because they use gel acid instead of liquid acid.

Comparing the YT D51R to the equivalent Exide evolution E370C, the optima has more cranking amps and higher reserve capacity while having the same weight.

Optima Yellowtop D51R
    CCA (cold cranking amps): 625 at 0ºC, 500 at -17.7ºC
    RC (reserve capacity): 70 minutes
    Length: 236.5
    Width: 128.6
    Height: 227
    Nom. Wgt: 11.8 kg

Exide Evolution E370C
    CCA (cold cranking amps): 370 at 0ºC
    RC (reserve capacity): 60 minutes
    Length: 235
    Width: 128
    Height: 220
    Nom. Wgt: 12

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    L x W x H = 235 x 125 x 200 mm
    add 25 mm for the terminals (height)

might be off 1-3 mm
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    What the? The Supercharge Gold says it is 230x172x228.

How on earth am I going to get that width to fit? I have the icebox lid too which might reduce some of the room as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    What the? The Supercharge Gold says it is 230x172x228.

How on earth am I going to get that width to fit? I have the icebox lid too which might reduce some of the room as well.
    what about geunine honda/acdelco?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    what about geunine honda/acdelco?
    Hmm, that is still an option - I just thought I would get the Gold and the catalogue says that is the correct sized replacement battery for the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    well the gold and acdelco batteries are the same cca or very close to i'm quite sure.
    the only difference then is gold is 36months warranty and acdelco/honda is 30 months, BUT, even being 6 months different, most batteries out there only carry a 12 month warranty.
    you have to buy it from a honda dealer to get the 30 month warranty though, if you buy else where it's 1 year.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    any chance Destruckshn you have a link or a catalogue at work to the Adelco battery for the Euro? I want to see if the size is bigger than the OEM.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    the supercharge gold might still fit though, I think the battery base is bigger than the battery itself (but don't quote me on that)
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)