Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe

Front Lower Tie bar

I heard that Front Lower Tie bars give to much understeer to the car? is this true..?

Does anyone have a front lower tie bar in their civic? even better if it is a EM1 and have any opinions of the Front Lower Tie bars? and if you put it in yourself, was it difficult and shud it be left to PROS?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    i thought it was front sway bars that gave understeer not sure about tie bars having that effect?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    Without going deep into suspension technics, a front tie-bar will not be the sole cause of understeer. It can be other factors related to the suspension setup on the car.

u undo the 2 LCA bolts to install the tie bar

i had one installed on my civic .. it just is like a strut bar but for the bottom... just keeps the car rigid..

understeer wise.. its normally a front sway bar or crappy tyres .. that cause that..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I think he meant the front underbrace....And no, they don't give you understeer. You'll notice some added understeer if your chassis was flexing very badly before.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    thanks for the info guys,

but wouldnt you need front sway bars to have a front lower tie bar in the first place to re-enforce it? correct me if im wrong as im pretty new to this, but do EM1s come with stock front sway bars?? ive looked under and i guess if im wrong i dontk now what im lookin at hahah

but Em1s do have stock rear sway bars tho yeah?

Cheers
    Last edited by Qwooootz; 30-07-2006 at 12:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    R
    em1's come with both front and rear sway bars standard
    fronts are 26mm and the rears are 13mm

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLi 1999
    so tie bars serve the same purpose as strut bars (but are installed under the car)???

does the civic gli have a swaybars as stock? how big? i know...search but this forum has way too much contradicting info so i dunno wat to believe n im too stupid to look under my car cos i cudnt identify what im looking for

tie bars "tie" both sides of suspension lower-control-arms together - so yes they will give some sort of understeer or oversteer feedback depending on location.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    The tie bar, as mentioned above, is connected at the two LCA points on either wheel. It reduces camber flexing and consequent chasis flex. I have stock sways and having a front tie bar has not increased understeer. It's difficult to be precise because I installed a lot of things all at once, but overall since stiffening the chasis and getting new tyres (Potenza GIII) under and overstreer have been reduced dramatically and the car is both more responsive and more predictable.

BTW I've got a rear lower tie-bar on my teg, and have definitely noticed it feels a bit more stable at the back. Will see how it goes as a combination with my type R rear sway when I get that installed.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Honda Civic VTiR
    I currently have Front & Rear Strut Bars, (Proper ones not honda style) a C Pillar Bar and a front H Brace Tie Bar, I Also have a rear tie bar but i am yet to install it as the previous owner has stripped the bolts head off for some unknown reason so i need to get it removed,
    I have noticed a huge improvement in my cars characteristics, it used to handle ok, being that i have King Springs, but i feel the car handles so much better, it just seems to be more direct.
    i havent found any understeer problems, but ive only ever had that a few times, my civic seems to like to let the rear end slide out, but i guess it helps when there is no weight in there, (rear seats removed, subs removed).