Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    This DIY will not work on those ECU's. You will need the Immobiliser bypass module, I can supply you with one if needed.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by munster42 View Post
    No worries mate. Its a freak obviously.

i'm not complaining hahaha.

I have seen people mention it works on other forums around the world so obviously there is some little glitch that has been found somewhere.

OBDIIA ECU's with the IMMO-AO immobiliser system will run if you remove the board but the engine lamp stays on and you cant read codes.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    i just did this to my p73. havent tested it yet but it was easy!
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Hello from France !
    I own a 1999 Honda Logo with a
    37820-P7A-G01 ECU.
    Sometimes when I try to start, only the starter runs, but the engine don't have ignition nor fuel. I remove the key, put it again and after some trials, it works.
    Yesterday, I was driving, the green light with the key light on for about 1 second...
    4 years ago my Honda dealer have done this : parts 39730s04G02 (immobilizer unit) and 39400S50003 (main relay)
    So I would like to remove the immobiliser system.
    I have openned my ECU and on the small board, (not an IMMO A0 it seems):
    Honda HIC-RLO1
    DELCO:16244639

If anyone may tell me how to do this I would be very happy!

Car:
    twin GX160's
    you need a Immo bypass module for that ECU

PM me if you would me to supply you with one.

PM Done!

EDIT: Nevermind.... I ripped the chip at the top out and the car started fine (5 minutes later, as expected, I found the old key)

Hi there, I think I have a similar board as tony822. His is a G11 but mine is G12. 37820-PHX-G12 to be exact.
    I lost my only key and if I want my new key to work I'm going to have to bring the car to the dealership. Which is 700 km away from me and it would likely be cheaper to scrap the car and buy another car.
    I already bought a new key, but was hoping to be able to skip the 700 km trip with a non working car, and disable the immobilizer
    Could you guys help me in any way?
    Can I do this myself or do I need to buy a chip or something like that?

Last edited by ValliFudd; 22-03-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Do you get an error code with the immo board removed ?

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    Do you get an error code with the immo board removed ?
    The check engine light was already on because of an o2 sensor issue. I have not checked if there are more errors now, but I'm guessing yes. I'll connect it to my computer and let you know what errors pop up.
    When I start it now, I have to switch the ignition on, wait about 5 seconds and then start.
    If I try starting without the way time, it's just going to start without success for those 5 seconds and then turn the engine on.

Guess I would need some kind of a dummy chip if that was an issue for me, but in my case, I just start it like it was a diesel, the wait time is fine by me

P1607 - Manufacturer specific code. Please refer to your vehicle's service manual for more information.

I'm guessing it's this one...

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah that is the OBDII code when you remove the immo module for non AUDM ECU's

let me know if you need the bypass module (dummy chip as you described)

hi, this is my first post on this forum, go easy on me

A lad at work owns a car breakers and he asked me if it is possible to bypass the immobiliser on a 1998 civic 1.4 petrol, is the ecu on his car, the same as the ecu that this thread is about ?

thanks in advance

**edit** he reckons this is something to do with the immobiliser ??

Last edited by bawheid; 27-03-2015 at 04:23 AM.