Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Hi

I'm guessing your not in Australia as that Immobiliser Control unit differs from our Megamos Control Unit. Your friends ECU would probably be the P2P type (two ECU connectors) that is different to this DIY.

I can supply a bypass module for the Immobiliser if needed however you will need to post a picture of the inside of the ECU.

Yeh I am a wee bit far away from you lol, I'm in Northern Ireland. No way of us doing it diy then :-( ahh well, any other way round it ?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    if your ECU looks different to the one in the DIY then you need to purchase a bypass module.

I can supply you with one if needed.

This is his Ecu

Car:
    twin GX160's
    You will need a bypass module for that ECU.

Can I get one of these closer to the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    You will need a bypass module for that ECU.
    Based on the length of this thread, it looks like you've been doing this for quite a while ECU-MAN..
    I am inclined to trust your judgement and would be interested in getting one of your bypass modules sent here to Norway, but I'd like to know more about what it does and why.
    I have 3 EJ9 Civics and I think all of them have the same P3Y ECU.
    My son somehow peeled away the black part exposing the chips on the keys on one of the cars .. (he lost one chip and the other one is being held in place with electrical tape..)
    I want to remove or disable the immobilizer altogether.
    Do I need to find some chip sensor box under the dash as well?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5501.jpg 
Views:	624 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	29096

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Your P3Y ECU is much like our P2K ECU for the D16Y4, so yes you will need a bypass module for those ECU's.

Once the bypass module is installed you must then bypass the starter cut relay by jumping 2 wires.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    Your P3Y ECU is much like our P2K ECU for the D16Y4, so yes you will need a bypass module for those ECU's.

Once the bypass module is installed you must then bypass the starter cut relay by jumping 2 wires.
    So.....
    Do you provide this bypass module?
    Price?
    I'd still like to know exactly what the module will do. (I'm inquisitive by nature and like to know how things work.)
    Could you also tell me more about the starter-cut relay. where should it be located and is it just a matter of bridging the 2 wires in the connector?

I'm really curious about what it would take to run this little D14 out of the car.
    The chassis has rust and I can't get the car approved as roadworthy anymore but the drivetrain is still fine.
    I'd like to make a tracked vehicle with the engine and transaxle but would need to know the engine would run.
    I know I will need fuel and a battery.. + wiring harness on the engine, probably fuse box in the engine bay and the ECU.
    How could I get a hold of the circuitry diagrams for the electrical system?
    I could get rid of any unnecessary electrical equipment and only keep the necessities.
    Set up a push button start and kill switch.
    This could be fun....

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Sent you a PM about the module

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK1
    fyi, I converted my ek1 d16y4 to a d16y5, p2m ecu from a 1998 VTI Sedan.

Symptoms I was having were
    Car starter turns over, has ignition/spark but injectors do not operate.
    Car does have fuel pressure, fuel pump prime.
    I've checked injectors with a test-light probe on all 4 injectors and none of them are pulsing on the ground side.

After racking my brain for a few months, double, triple checking everything - it turned out to be this that solved the problem.

Big thanks to John! Such an asset to this community!

Hi ECU-MAN, tried to pm you re: an ek1 1998 model immobiliser issue. But your pm was full. Thanks.