Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    which side did u hit maybe one of the control arms are bent and causing one of the wheels not to be in da middle of the wheel arch, so both of the front wheels aint at the same level.

i already replaced one lower control arm.. and one strut ..

.. so i duno mayb i should get a new steering rack ...

im gonna put on some normal tyres n c the difference coz from what my friend said it might just b the compound of the semis . and the tyre wear on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    Quote Originally Posted by aznpsuazn
    Torque steer?
    yep sounds like torque steer
    do u have an LSD?

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    tourque steer and as for the castor your left front should be more positive than the right this is to stop tracking where your left wheel will drag you into the gutter or road shoulder

Uneven l/r castor will cause pulling to one side under acceleration. Torque-steer is another, but obviously since you mentioned screwy caster, there is your answer.

New bushings all round, or castor adjustable rods (whiteline for example), or shim the stock radius rods, or get over it. It's non-adjustable from the factory so there is no simple "get an alignment" solution.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    have you kept your power steering?

Not having power steering won't cause a problem, it will just enhance what is allready going on since you physically have to fight it, rather than the p/s pump helping you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    yeh good point string.

im guessing its the castor ..

on the Left lca i had the whiteline castor kit .. but i took out the shims so that the castor should b equal..

now the right lca is standard with worn bushes

oh wel i got a new subframe and LCAs worked out so will just wait n c

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    Sorry for hijacking your thread but,
    i have the same problem as you do..
    but i got my car like that.
    i went n got a wheel alignment and all of the wheels r good except my left rear wheel, the lower control arm is bent i think.. it seems the toe is out abit
    so when i hook the left corner its very nice n responsive.. if i do the same with the right hand side it sides and u can literally feel it slide out..!
    i will be changing that control arm along with bushes this sunday.

any tip about what i could do?
    maybe its the tie rod? and i see my steering rack boot is also busted could this be another reason why?
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

On a similar topic, can anyone tell me if an LSD will stop my car from side stepping on hard gear changes (chirps)?

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    i think its just ur semis. Ive been running on semis for awhile now and i had exactly the same problem. No suspension problems. I just changed back to street tyres today and they are fine.

RMN15N - Have u checked your tyre wear recently? could be just some bold tyres thats causing your problem.

Moya - what do u mean by side stepping lol. Does ur car jump from one lane to another?
    JdmYard, Team POV!