Opinions on Hankook tyres...

...in particular the H422 for a Mazda 6 Luxury sports.

Im looking for a decent tyre that will wear well and not too noisy. Im not interested in a high performance sports tyre and as such do not want to pay the premium that many sports tyres have!

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    haha all i know is that stupid add on the radio which talks about reducing emissions and rolling resistance so it there fore makes your car better on fuel

i guess i figure if they create less rolling resistence that they arent going to grip the road as well..

what a crock of shite

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    well atm i'm using the Z212's, aka RS-2.
    they're actually very good. awesome lateral grip. not as good as the dunlop FM901's i came from but still v. good. well priced as well.
    not sure if this is much use to you though as you're not after a sports tyre.
    as for reducing rolling resistance.............any tyre pumped up hard will be good for that lol

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I reckon you should choose the best tyre for your need, rather than shopping on price. Tyres are the only thing that is contacting the ground once the car is moving.

here is what i mean:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=75

Member Array
    Car:
    WRX and R32
    Im currently using ventus HRII. Theyre not too bad. Fairly predictable and havent had any scary incidents. Wouldnt use them for anything but spirited street driving though.

Anyone used the Hankook H424 before?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Coles
    ...in particular the H422 for a Mazda 6 Luxury sports.

Im looking for a decent tyre that will wear well and not too noisy. Im not interested in a high performance sports tyre and as such do not want to pay the premium that many sports tyres have!

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
    You made the right choice, H422 is one of the quietest tyre on the market, it is developed for luxury vehicles with low noise levels being the most important factor in the design.

Also H422 is a silica tyre and does reduce rolling resistance, but it does not mean it will be less grip than a carbon black tyre. In fact it is has more grip and perform much better than traditional carbon black tyre.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    K104s on mine and been great, i use them for comps too and they hold up well to more expensive "fast road" tyres...

Noisy though, so not for your needs, but still is evidence that they make some good tyres.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Thanks for the input guys.

I went ahead and got the H422's. I got a really good price through work and ended up getting 4 new H422 Optimo's fitted and balanced for just under $600

The new tyres are nice and quiet and so far ive had no problems going around a few corners with a little speed

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I bought H405's today for my fronts, we'll see how they go