Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir

i want my tyres to hang out of my guards what offset would i need for my 15" EM1 rims

just curious what offset id need for my em1 rims, if i want the rubber to hang out of the gaurds, or cant that be done on these em1 wheels
    thanks.

You could do that, but you'd get pulled up pretty quick. AFAIK it is illegal to have the tyres/wheel portruding further than the body of the car. You could also get spacers, but they're illegal as well.

If you really want to go down this path, then speak to a wheel and tyre joint - I'm not sure what offset you'd need to get the rubber to stick out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir
    jus that few people told me, it would possibly not be possible on EM1 alloys, so just curious if it is possible, it makes a car look alot more grumpy and angry hehe

just get a lower offset.. something like .. +20

coz when i had offset 35 on my civic they stuck out just same as the guard.. very beefy looking

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir
    how could i find out what the offset on my car is like atm?? anyone...

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    you should rename this thread: "i want to get pulled over and defected, and put potentially dangerous spacers on my car, landing me possibly in both legal trouble, and wheel hub weakening territory"

edit: im not trying to be harsh/a keint, im just pointing out that this may create many problems for you

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir
    yep k

if you must...run wider tyres like 205 or even 215's on x 15 inch size. That will "buldge" out abit.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Lol. This is the most crazy (+ idiotic) idea I have come across on this forum.
    Let's be serious, what you are thinking is illegal. Because your car is a FWD, changing the wheel offset may badly affect the handling. You will probably end up in a ditch somewhere!

well if you must, and ur gonna be illegal anyway, may as well go all the way. get some nice meaty spacers. yaHOOOO!!! that'l push the offset from +45 to possibly +20 or +15...usually used for drift applications.

also ur car will NOT be covered in an accident if the wheels are past the guard,...so if u crash, ur screwed.

just have one more think about it dude

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir
    lol i think its the lot that have posted the insane messages referring to me and the topic itself STUPID, that should relax
    as for doing such a thing, i had plans to do it, not in such a insane way, where i planned on F*ckn going all out and hammering the offset 15+
    i got a insurance policy i wouldnt like to void, so in future for those who want to fire up, your 2 cents aint worth it,gathering from what everyone else has said, I THINK I GET THE POINT?

some streamlined flares would be nice. with your wider wheels. thought about that? Not like Kinto however.