Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser

TEIN - EDFC - Electronic Damping Force Controller

Hey guys
    This thred is aimed at a few questions about the tein EDFC. Firstly i have Koni Yellow Adjustables. Could i use the Tein EDFC on these? or are they not compatible? has anyone tried? is the tein edfc only ment for tein shocks? or can it be used universal?

If they cannot be used are there any other brands of EDFC's out there that can be utilised for my koni yellows? with the same functions or similar to that of the tein edfc?

Thank in advnace!

not it cannot be used.
    Koni shocks use a small flat piece ontop to adjust damper , and tein suspension uses a small allen key hole.
    Also , both shocks have different types of "damper adjustment" - koni is "% of 2 full turns" where teins are step/click adjustable.

BTW EDFC is a wank factor and not needed. Just get out and adjust the damper yourself

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    BTW EDFC is a wank factor and not needed. Just get out and adjust the damper yourself
    get out and do it yourself? are we in the middle ages?

but yeah, you'll rarely be faced with a situation where you cant be any means get out of your car yet urgently need your damper rates adjusted

I think it's a great unit
    I don't have one, but definately want one

I ride on full soft all the time for comfort and less wear and tear
    But it would be good to have a button for added traction, a button for harder driving, or even a button to full stiff for a long sweeping smooth corner

And once you are back to driving normal, set it back for comfort

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    I Disagree with the first few post, i think they are an unreal idea, they even have presets that you can save for different condition. Would be very handy i think and much less effort. Does anyone know of a similar unit that can do this?

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    i have an EDFC and yes, i have to agree its a wank factor
    unless ur gonna track ur car, u wont need to keep changin the damper
    on my euro, i set it once, and i havent touched it since
    the EDFC is a "nice to have" item, not a necessity
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    don't think you guys understand. this man loves the wank factor lol, just kidding.

i'm with the rest, seriously not needed. but in your case is different, you can't get to the rears can you? too much sound system in the way. which brings me to my next point, your car is built for comfort anyways, there shouldn't be a need to adjust it.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    You do have a point however i like my suspension harder then usuall, and my girlfriend likes it at the softest setting, Plus yes it is hard to gain access to the rear strut towers, and im sick of changeing it all the time, hence why i was looking at this option as the units dont seem to be overly expensive and have a wide range of functions.

Ps yes i do like my wankfactor

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    well i drive around full soft setting (16 rear, 16 front) and ive driven around full hard (0 front, 0 rear) and i could only feel a little difference.
    like i said, u'll prob recognise the diff more if u track ur car but the diff between very soft and very hard seem to be minimal for everyday drivin.....for me it is anyway
    albeit i do have a set of 20's on my car with 30 profile tyres so watever setting its on, hard or soft....im gonna feel every damn bump on the road
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    a little off topic...

when you set the damping rate via edfc...does it update instantly or is there a delay?

Quote Originally Posted by roar
    a little off topic...

when you set the damping rate via edfc...does it update instantly or is there a delay?
    It takes as long as the little nob to "wind" the damper setting from X to Y.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by roar
    a little off topic...

You can hear the micromotors whirring away to change the damper setting. Best to do it when your car is stationary. Takes about 2-3 seconds I think.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2