Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'

Help Me! Hub Issues.

HEY

i have a dc2 1998. vtir.. my wheel bearing is gone on my front left side of the car.. but when i was driving last week. my car started shaking like i had a flat tyre, i pulled over and noticed i only had 3 STUDS LEFT! WTF... one of the studs snapped clean off... how could this happen? why? i had to get my car towed home @%@#%$

do i need to replace the hub? is the hub a part of the studs?

also.. does lowering a car put pressure on wheel bearings? my car is now 3'' from standard.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    you can just replace the studs, yes it does put pressure, also maybe it was loose, and the pressure could of snapped it.

this is the part number for the wheel studs
    90113SA0025
    that's the part number you want
    7.66 each dude.

also do u have aftermarket wheels without hub rings?? if you do, tsk tsk tsk..

ALL the weight of the whole car + occupants would have been resting on the bolts themselves, RATHER than the wheel hub (which is of course hella stronger).

If u do have aftermarket wheels without hub rings, i suggest that u get ALL your bolts checked because more than likely, u'll be getting stress fractures on the other nuts causing more potential snappages and danger.

Lowering will cause the weight distribution to be more biased (so to speak). instead of the wheel vertical and the weight vertical, the wheel is cambered in, and hence the weight will be more appparent on one point on the hub as opposed to the even spread.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    you can just replace the studs, yes it does put pressure, also maybe it was loose, and the pressure could of snapped it.

this is the part number for the wheel studs
    90113SA0025
    that's the part number you want
    7.66 each dude.

that sounds legite.. my car was 5'' lowerd from standard.. and i just changed the bearing like 3000kms ago and its already gone again.. so that from the hieght? ive got coilovers now so im raising the car back to 3''

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    also do u have aftermarket wheels without hub rings?? if you do, tsk tsk tsk..

ALL the weight of the whole car + occupants would have been resting on the bolts themselves, RATHER than the wheel hub (which is of course hella stronger).

If u do have aftermarket wheels without hub rings, i suggest that u get ALL your bolts checked because more than likely, u'll be getting stress fractures on the other nuts causing more potential snappages and danger.

Lowering will cause the weight distribution to be more biased (so to speak). instead of the wheel vertical and the weight vertical, the wheel is cambered in, and hence the weight will be more appparent on one point on the hub as opposed to the even spread.

Yeah i got buddy club rims recenlty put on! ... i didnt check if they had rings... ill check now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    so would you guys say its safe to drive my car with 3studs to a local mechanic? which is about 1kms away? or should i tow it.. would my rim come off my car if i drive slowly on 3studs?

well u never know with these things. if 1 stud is focked, then whats to say the other studs arent focked?

if u had to drive it, then i would put ALL the stock rims back on first then drive down, nice and slow.

But yeah, like i said, might wanna get em all checked and replaced if u had the $$$. (thats only if the rings weren't put on)

Member Array
    I would get all of them replaced. Better safe then sorry. The rears are an easy DIY but the fronts are a little harder and a pro can do it so much faster. It's worth the money for the fronts. An ARP kit for all for is like $70USD ($16 per package wholesale.) on Ebay. Much stronger than stock and they have two lengths if you need a longer stud.

ARP, click on wheel studs to the bottom left.

Ebay here!

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yes as sireal said, if you have aftermarket wheels, make sure your using hub locators.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    who put on your wheels? are u sure the nuts were initally tight?

the studs are cheap .. only a few bucks for std ones..

however u need the hub pressed out so the studs can come out..

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    I normally replace all four, as the others have usually suffered metal fatigue.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_vti
    so would you guys say its safe to drive my car with 3studs to a local mechanic? which is about 1kms away? or should i tow it.. would my rim come off my car if i drive slowly on 3studs?
    lol yeh u can drive with 3 studs jsut drive like normal about 50km or so.. my mate with his 180sx snaped 3 of them.. . and was driving on 1 stud.. how ***ed is taht. he manged to drive 3km with 1 stud..