problem with tein ss coilovers

Ok i got tein ss coilovers for my dc5 integra about 3mths ago and i finally ended up paying a place to install them properly for me.
    But the problem is when i got my car back and was driving it home i heard a weird clunking noise on the opposite side to the way i was turning front wheel and the car just didnt seem right when i was driving it. so 20kms later when i got closer to home i got had the car booked in for a corner balance and to check wat the noise was, and they said that the teins where stuffed in that the shocks werent working properly on all four corners.
    And so i rang the guy who sold em to me cause its still got warranty and he said that they came straight out of the factory and that nothing should be wrong with em, and he said that if i want them looked at ill have to pay for the postage to hong kong which is $260 on top of wat ive already spent getting them put in and taking them back out cause it wasnt safe to drive with which was $500. And so basically by the end of the day i was very pissed off, and was about to kill somebody.
    But i still dont know the exact problem and that if it was the guy who installed it who stuffed it up ill have to pay for the postage for them to be sent back fromm hong kong and fixed.
    And so i was woundering whether anyone knows wat the problem could have been when they where installed or was it just defective when i got em, but the guys who said that they where stuffed knew wat they where talking about cause they have there own race cars with coilovers.
    Or should i just give up and get them fixed with my own money in Aus by the tein australian dealers, and wat is the cost for new shocks for the tein ss for a dc5. Cause if the problem was caused by the installer then ill have to fork out another $500 for the postge to and back from hong kong+the money to fix em.
    Vtec lawnmower?

I think you'll be better off fixing it from your own pocket and just forget about sending them to HK.
    I got mine SS, but the ones that are made for OZ conditions and I got them from Tein australia rep, no problems at all and I got warranty just incase something goes wrong.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    have u had a look at it urself??
    how stuffed is it??

u sure not the spring trying to settle in??

any oil leaak?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    yeah i'd just bite the bullet and send them to fulcrum supsension to look at/fix. sending them to HK is just going to cause more headaches.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Doesn’t sound too good I’m sure the guy how originally installed them would have see if there was something wrong with them.
    I have TEIN SS on my car, installed them myself so far everything is working well. It’s possible you got one from a bad batch?

yea i think i might just bite the bullet, but yea the guys at newcastle performance said the shocks r definitly stuffed, and that when i got them installed from another place it was done properly.
    Vtec lawnmower?

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    dc5's are known to make clunking noises when aftermarket suspension has been fitted, generally cos the coil is moving on the shock.

have a search through www.clubrsx.com theres lots of people with SS and you probably find some answers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    Didn't the mechanic that installed it tell you before you left? i mean he should have called you or told you something was wrong before you left the garage?
    he could have stuffed it up himself! i dont know!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy_
    Didn't the mechanic that installed it tell you before you left? i mean he should have called you or told you something was wrong before you left the garage?
    he could have stuffed it up himself! i dont know!

yeh iam gonna go talk to him about it now.
    Vtec lawnmower?

Member Array
    Car:
    a honda i guess...
    i had similar problem with tein ss on my 180sx. the workshop that installed them f***ked it. luckily i didn't drive too far or fast before i got the problem rectified by pro's. imo find a reputable installer who deals with suspension. paying a little more will save you less trouble